Corner of Monterey and Beach Street
Morro Bay, CA 93442
Office Phone :: 805.772.8525
Email :: email@example.com
go to complete contact details »
January 2011 - Ministries
Fun changes in SKC
In the process of fine-tuning SKC, we have decided to compile multiple resources to build our own curriculum for the rest of SKC! We will be focusing on Jesus' life and important, relevant aspects of His life. Expect the Gospel to be preached weekly as we grow in Him!
This coming Wednesday, February 3, we will dive into Jesus' baptism.
God bless you!
Missionary Prayer Requests 1/26/11
Last Wednesday at Shoreline Kid's Club, we had the blessing of giving out three awards! The awards are earned by completing the take-home book for SKC.
Duke Meaney received a certificate and a dove patch for finishing "Prayer."
Elias Rogers received a certificate and a dove patch for finishing "Prayer."
Simon Janzen received a certificate and a dove patch for finishing "Romans Road."
Congratulations to these three! We will have another awards ceremony in May, so encourage/help your kids toward completing their books!
God bless you,
We've sent these folks out... let's pray for them!
Continued prayer for timing, details, funding, etc for opening a cafe in the Camden Town, Stables Market.
Wisdom putting together traveling plans for the summer to visit CA and Sweden.
For health for us. We seem to always be fighting bugs... but thankful we seem to be successful most times :)
For us to crave Jesus and His word more every day.
Lauren Shibata (London)
Praise and Prayer requests!
Praise! I made it to CA and back safely! It was SUCH a blessing to see family and friends in the states!!
Prayer - That I transition back into London living smoothly—jet lag and all! =)
Praise God! Outreach was great today! It's a blessing that we go out as a group now. Its awesome to be working together. Blessed by the humility of the team members in sharing the gospel together.
Prayer that God shows me how to be a blessing to the team this week!
Praise Pastor Jack and Jinell are coming to visit soon!
Thanks for all the prayers! I really appreciate them!
George and Meagan Ramirez (Mexico)
Peace & wisdom for George & Meagan
Safe travels for Meagan as she crosses the boarder for doctors appointments
For grace, wisdom and growth as we learn to be foster parents to A.
For A's studies (especially Hebrew) and her entrance into school this month.
For finances needed to provide for A's education.
For Yoni's work as an itinerary coordinator with the Jerusalem Institute of Justice.
For spiritual growth of those we are discipling and teaching.
For the planning and organization of the new mid-week congregational service.
Praise the Lord for the abundant grace we have received from Him, for wise counsel, and for support from the body of believers here.
Thank you again for praying, for your commitment to this ministry and for the love you have shown to us and to our friends here in Israel through your support.
Carolyn Gardella (El Salvedor)
Pray for us as we’ll be starting the new semester on January 24! We will be handing out freshman survival kits to the 500 new freshmen. Pray for meaningful conversations as we are hoping to meet every freshman, and for them to encounter Jesus.
Pray that individually and as a community we will be men and women of prayer, take steps of faith in sharing the gospel, and reflect God’s heart.
Pray that many lives will be transformed this next semester.
Pastor Jack and Jinell Arnold (traveling to London/Kisumu)
That we would be a blessing
That God would show us what summer trips would look like, etc.
How you can pray for our missionaries...
- Safe travels for Frida's parents who visited London over new year, and safe travels for us as we visited Sweden last weekend. Thankful that the snow didn't stop us. We had a wonderful time catching up with the family and thankful to be able to attend Frida's nephew's baby dedication.
- Please pray for continued good health and strong immune system. Luke has a pink eye. Frida is exposed to a million icky things at her work place as people in this city send their children to preschool sick. Thankful she hasn't been getting it all.
- Thankful it felt like home coming back to London from Sweden. Thankful it isn't a struggle, but a blessing, to live here.
- Please pray for continued unity and grace within the team.
Tobi Chauvet (London)
Ways to Pray for the Team:
- A place to hold Sunday Services
- Unity & Fruitfulness
- Continued - vision, opportunities, boldness and sensitivity with outreach in reaching the people
- For the people of London to know the love of Jesus
- For my eyes to seek Him and His eternal kingdom first (Mt 6:33) and that finances would be the least of my concerns on the mission field.
- Fruitfulness in serving
- The Lord has opened the door for me to come for a visit to the U.S. in April and to spend some time with my grandfather.
- Ps 27:4 One thing I have desired of the LORD, That will I seek: That I may dwell in the house of the LORD All the days of my life, To behold the beauty of the LORD, And to inquire in His temple.
Pottengers (Kisumu, Kenya)
- We first praise God for 8 wonderful years of marriage
- Second we praise God for a wonderful weekend spent with Ed and Kelli Compean doing ministry at CCL, fellowshipping and hanging out.
- Third, we praise God for a fantastic outreach and health class at CCL and for how the Lord used Kelli.
- A fourth praise is the mamas of the church and how they came together and cooked and cleaned for the seminar.
Please be praying for the following:
- Sleep for Peg and Joellie – we are in that season just before sleep training and Peg is really desiring more sleep
- Overall health for O4 and P4
- Church location – things are moving forward with the possibility of staying where we are at but there is still much to work out
- Men and women to volunteer as ushers – there is big need for welcoming visitors and taking care of matters like drunk street boys
- Travels to Nairobi next Monday – we have doc appts, Joellie’s passport appointment, and misc. city things
- Continual raising up of leaders
Ramirezs (Ensanada, Mexico)
Please continue to pray
- for Eleazar's healing
- for an appointment in UCSD to be made quickly
- for all this travel back and forth
Praise the Lord that
- my stomach is growing which bring's peace to a worried mom's mind
- we had a great friend come visit us this week here in Mexico and I was able to get some quality girl time! yea!
- we continue to hear that so many people are praying, which means so much to us
- For grace wisdom and growth as we learn to be foster parents to Ackhbal
- For Ackhbal’s studies (especially Hebrew) and her entrance into school this month
- For Yoni’s work as an itinerary coordination with the Jerusalem Institute of Justice
- For spiritual growth of those we are discipling and teaching
- For the planning and organization of the new mid week congregational service
- Praise the Lord for His grace which we have received this week and for His miraculous working in our lives
- Thank you for your prayer support, encouragement and commitment to this ministry
Winter Quarter Starts on Sunday!!!
We have a great lineup of classes for winter 2011:
- On Sunday afternoon, from 12:30-2:30 PM, "Introduction to Biblical Hebrew"
- On Sunday afternoon, from 3:30-6:30 PM, "Old Testament Prophecies of Jesus' 1st Coming"
- On Tuesday evening, from 5:45-8:45 PM, "Christ of the Torah"
Come check out the first week without obligation!
God bless you,
Pray for our SENT missionaries...
Pottengers (Kisumu, Kenya)
- Serving with Pastor Stephen
- all the CCL people that went to funeral for PS's brother, to support he and Maureen
- the people from CCL that are so willing to help out and really step up.
Please pray for the following:
- Ed and Kelli’s travel and time in Kisumu
- Kelli as she teaches the class
- That people would come to the class and be drawn to the Lord
- For Joellie as she has teeth coming in (canine) and for better sleep at night. (some nights are good and some nights are not fun)
- For Kenya Grace as the asthma lingers and she still has a deep bronchial cough
- For the future location of CCL
Mark Piester (Russia)
- Pray for my remaining time in Russia (December 15, 2010 - January 14, 2011).
- Pray for the workers at the local churches involved with the 500 Christmas gifts to needy children & orphans.
- Pray for the children who will receive gift packages in the cities of Urozhainaya, Orel and Rybinsk. Pray the seeds planted would bear fruit.
- Pray for the planning, preparation, purchase and distribution for the “Potatoes for Grandmas” project this winter.
- A heartfelt thank you for your ongoing support and prayers which give me the opportunity to serve God and the Russian people. Praise to the Lord for his ongoing work of changing and redeeming lives of children, young adults and people for eternity - God is at work through your prayers and financial support.
- Pray for healing for Eleazar
- Pray for peace, wisdom, and comfort for George & Meagan
- Pray for God’s provision/discernment in figuring out health insurance
- Pray for God’s provision financially
Tobi Chauvet (London)
- Pray for logistics of trip to states in April
Sweeneys (Children’s Bible Fellowship, NY)
- Pray for a refreshing time at the missions conf. and for the rest of their time in CA to be a blessing