Corner of Monterey and Beach Street
Morro Bay, CA 93442
Office Phone :: 805.772.8525
Email :: email@example.com
go to complete contact details »
July 2010 - Ministries
Prayer Updates 7/28/10
Pottengers (Kisumu, Kenya)
- Matt\'s back - for strength and that stress and emotion would not cause tension there
- For continual wisdom with ministry - direction and transition as we prepare for baby
- For Mama and Baba Blessing who have wonderful leadership potential but seem hesitant to be involved and to stay at CCL
- For salvation for Stella, Flo, Mama Blessing\'s sister, John and those who "know God" and "love God" but are not born again. (needed surrender)
- Time to accomplish all the things needed to be done before baby arrives
- For a peaceful outcome of the referendum vote Aug. 4. Tensions are rising and there have been some problems on the streets but security is being increased. Many fellow missionaries have teams and guests arriving just after the vote, please pray for their safety and the details of their trips during this interesting time.
- Praise the Lord for ministry opportunity- As we wrap up our regular ministry activities here in preparation for our travels, we have had numerous opportunities to minister to friends and young people in our community. Several of the youth in our congregation are moving away from the area this summer. This is for various reasons; military service, University studies, career and ministry opportunities etc.. We have spent many hours praying with, counseling and encouraging these young people as they transition into the next season of their lives.
- Please continue in prayer for Miss "S", a young believer who is seeking the Lord\'s direction in the area of her studies. Understanding and discerning God\'s will is an area I have been discipling her in for a while now. Please pray that she will have a clear direction from the Lord before her exam deadlines, at the end of this month.
- Please continue to hold Jennifer up in prayer. This week she called and was very concerned that she may have been exposed to Hepatitis C early on in her pregnancy. Though all of her tests are negative so far, Jen was deeply distressed about this issue. I counseled her and prayed with her over the phone for about half an hour, and she was in tears the entire time. It seems she is finally dealing with the reality of some of the consequences that could result from her former lifestyle. Please pray that the Lord will protect Jen\'s health and the health of baby Katy, and that this will be an opportunity for her spiritual growth.
- Praise the Lord for His Provision- The Lord continues to provide for our needs day by day. We have been hoping to sub-let our apartment here in Jerusalem during our travels. This would help to mitigate the costs of travel as well as provide a more secure situation for our home and vehicle. We had placed an add but did not receive a response until two days ago, when a pastor from Switzerland called and asked to rent it. Please pray that this arrangement can be confirmed and that the Lord will continue to provide for our household expenses while we are away.
Prayer- Please pray over the following requests:
- Outreach- Please continue to pray for the salvation of the unbelieving contacts we are currently developing: Miss "T", the "B" family, Miss "F" Miss "L" and for the growth of believers we\'re discipling.
- Citizenship- We are hoping to meet with my (A\'s) attorney once more before we leave. We need to discuss our recent interview at the ministry of interior and the future of my case in the Supreme Court. Please pray for us to have peace, to maintain a positive attitude, and for the Lord\'s intervention to hasten and complete this process.
- Health and healing - Praise the Lord for the improvement A has had in her foot problem. Please pray that the Lord will keep JM and I in good health during our travels and give us increased energy, good rest, and improved physical fitness.
- Finances- Please continue to pray for the Lord\'s blessing on JM\'s new company. He is currently working on a video project for his first client. We hope this will develop into a work that blesses other ministries in Israel and helps provide additional income for us. This month, we are facing the challenge of balancing our normal living expenses with those of traveling. We are still making payments on our van, and continue to owe some legal fees for the Supreme Court case. As I mentioned earlier, we\'re trying to sub-let our apartment to help cover the costs of travel. Please pray that the prospective renters will confirm with us soon. Please continue to pray for wisdom and for the Lord\'s continued guidance and provision in the area of our finances.
WE ARE THANKFUL FOR
- Things are getting figured out with Luke\'s job (scheduling, etc...)
- Monday\'s to refresh as a couple. It\'s always encouraging!
- Favor in our community. We just keep meeting kind, helpful people
- Opportunities to share Christ on the street and in our workplace.
- God is good!
PLEASE PRAY FOR
- Growth as we study God\'s word and seek Him.
- More opportunities to share Jesus.
- Rest in our hearts, that God is in control completely!
- Our time with Shruti, and her time serving in Scotland.
- That we would learn how to serve better every day.
- Date day in London
- Wednesday study going well. People gathered for worship after the message. Others that were at the tea house prior to the message stayed to hear the message.
- Please continue to pray that other people just enjoying their tea at Yumchaa will see what\'s going on and join in on the study!
- Also, please keep in prayer the staff at Yumchaa. Please pray that they will be affected by the study as well.
- We are still praying about Sunday mornings. We are still praying about where to hold the services and when to start.
Landon Rogers (London)
- The outpouring of His spirit on our team and the people of London. That we would be governed by Him completely.
- That our God would bring exactly who He wants to speak to on Wednesday.
- The radio show\'s first three weeks edited, and that our God would speak through those teachings to those listening.
- That, as a disciple of Jesus, I would be humble and learn how to consider others better than me in a practical way.
Dan F (Pakistan)
- I am leaving a week from Sunday, Aug. 8th, to Pakistan for two Inductive Bible study seminars with my good friend, Pastor Bill H. Please pray for this trip. There has already been much adversity and we know the enemy will do all he can to thwart what God wants to do in the lives of many pastors who will be coming. Our first seminar runs from Aug. 11-14, and the second from 16-19. There is much unrest in this country and recently Muslim radicals have been attacking Christians and some have had to flee. There have been several bombings in Lahore where our first seminar is scheduled, so please pray for devine protection and that fear will not keep pastors away. I believe this is a very strategic time for us to be in Pakistan.
- On this coming Monday, Aug 2nd, I\'ve been asking for anyone who would like to join us in a day of fasting and prayer for this trip. Thanks so much for standing with us. Your prayers and thoughts are much appreciated, especially during the days of the seminars.
Compeans (Nairobi, Kenya)
- Please pray as the Kenya constitution referendum election approaches on August 4th. There has been a lot of rhetoric and violence, but we are praying for God to come in and move among His people.
- Please pray for John, one of the young men in the church as he seeks God to further develop a ministry among the street people of Githurai. He is hoping to open the doors to provide showers and reach out to the young people that are like he used to be. Please thank God with us for John’s heart and pray as he goes forward.
- Please pray for several events planned for August. The CIF GYM (Gospel Youth Ministry) is planning a youth summit to minister to the youth of Githurai and Kelli will begin a health and stewardship class to help people with few resources.
- Please pray for intern Brenten who is battling some stomach ailment. By the way, we do not go around calling him “Intern Brenten.”
- Finally, please thank God with us as He seems to be pouring the Holy Spirit out afresh at CIF. There seems to be a hunger and growth among the people that is worth rejoicing in and thanking God for.
- L, D and I will be “debriefing” with the students from Sarajevo who came to camp. My main job for this week is to make sure the students that the team connected with connects with the EUS staff. Please pray that we will spend time with and invest in the right students who are open to hear more about Christ. Pray also that we will not be depending on the worldly perspective of productivity, but that we will stay focused on God and His timing and plan for this week. God is teaching me that my job here in Bosnia could possibly be removing a stone from someone’s soil so that God could plant the seed…and that He might not need me to help water the garden yet. I need to trust God’s timing in my friend’s lives.
- My prayer is that Christ’s light will shine this week; that no one will see me, but that I will disappear in Christ’s glory
- The American team is landing in the United States tomorrow. Please pray that they will have a healthy re-entry experience as they leave the Bosnian culture and re-enter the American culture; back into their lives of being a student, a family member and a friend to people at home. Pray that their time in Bosnia will not just be a “camp high” but that they will continue to let God stretch and teach them during this next year.
S P (Thailand/Burma)
- Still Urgent! The plan of the Burmese government is still to terminate the Karen living in the Karen State in Burma before their 2010 election. They still have not announced when their 2010 "election" will be, while they continue to attack and destroy Karen villages and lives! Latest news from a TBBC (Thailand Burma Border Consortium) report ..Declared taboo during the campaign are any speeches and published material that “tarnish” the image of the military-run state, its over 400,000- strong armed forces and the junta-shaped 2008 Constitution. “There are three freedoms utterly fundamental for an election – the human rights for freedom of expression, peaceful assembly and association, we see these three freedoms clearly under attack this time.”
- Please continue to pray for God\'s justice & mercy, and safety for all those oppressed in Burma. Also, for the Lord to turn the enemy back in a miraculous way - that all will see His hand of protection & He will get all of the glory! Thank you!
- Please pray for the Karen situation in the USA - their living conditions are not satisfactory and many cannot find work. This breeds depression for the adults, and peer and gang pressure among the teenagers. They need much prayer to be responsible and productive in their new country of freedom!
- Please pray that this trip in the USA will finish well. There have been many spiritual battles along the way and this warrior is weary. Without the Lord\'s goodness in the midst of the battles, I would have lost heart! There was no sound for the Denver and first Phoenix video presentation - and very few American Christians came to hear and understand their situation so there could be more helpers for the Karen refugees.
- Please pray for a fruitful and safe FBR training for the month of August. There will be three new teams - please pray all will come to the Bible study and any unsaved will understand Jesus\' love for them and be saved!
- What a blessing to see refugee clinics and gardens where they can grow vegetables in Dallas and Denver - please pray for more of these in each city where the refugees are living!
- Lots of blessed visits with my Calvary Chapel St. George, UT family in the Lord and friends in California from years ago!
- The Karen refugees from San Diego were blessed to be able to come and sing at the Harvest Christian Fellowship Riverside, CA children\'s service!
- One more Karen presentation in San Diego, then time with my eldest daughter,
- The Lord has enabled me to persevere through all of this traveling through your prayers - I am so thankful to each and every one who has prayed!! Please continue praying for the needs of the Karen fleeing in the jungles of Burma, surviving in refugee camps in Thailand, and trying to adjust to a totally different culture & life in the USA. Please also pray fervently for a miracle in Burma - millions are suffering under the present leaders! Prayer matters - you can be part of the solution in the Lord through your prayers - thank you
Love in Action (Asia - Thailand/Burma)
Brothers and sisters,
If you are reading this, I am confident in the Lord in you, that the recent events of which I shall describe will be prayed over fervently. On July 22nd an entire village was assaulted and razed to the ground in E. Burma. This might not mean that much, perhaps a blip of news from a faraway country that has problems like this all the time, I pray and trust it means not so to thee. As I prepare to send my team leader in before the sun shines this very moment, hiding in the jungle are countless men, women and children. The casualty total is not known just yet, nor will it be soon. The very pulpit of a church in which my Pastor, Joe Tuccinardi, myself, and other brothers have preached in is ashes. The very schools that were built with men\'s hands through the donations of some blessed brethren stand no more. As I write and hear the monsoon rains I know our brothers and sisters in Christ are burying their dead, hiding in the forest, wet, cold and hungry. This is one of the brazen attacks recently, and there shall be more. As I met with some strong brothers in the Lord this evening/night, as they prepare to answer God\'s call on their lives going back "home" tomorrow, we lose not hope. We are not discouraged, we are not destroyed, we will not give up in believing that God shall use this according to His Will, that His sovereign hand was upon all the comings and goings of the Burmese Army. We prayed for the "enemy", knowing that they are just in darkness, blind, needing love, compassion and grace to touch their hearts now. We prayed for all those who are mourning, who have lost more than loved ones, who have no other desire but to till the land and worship Christ peacefully. More than likely this very moment that you are reading this someone is being raped, someone is starving to death, someone is burying their child but they, nor we shall lose hope, for our hope does not disappoint. Now is the time to pray more than ever, if I am a voice crying in the wilderness, so be it, I shall call upon the God of Jacob, the Lord of Hosts for only His arm is not shortened, it can save. Until I have official clearance to release the full report of this massacre, God knows its name and more importantly His sheep that dwell within it. Pray with us please, your prayers change things. I am unworthy and so blessed to be laying next to my "miracle" son, and my wonderful wife right now. I don\'t deserve to have a roof over my head for my Savior had none, I don\'t have a right to breathe if not for Christ. As the faces and voices of the brothers and sisters in Muthraw District play over and over in my mind, only smiles, laughing, praying, worshiping, working hard with our hands, enduring hardship without a single complaint are their personifications. I know not which ones I will see on this earth again, but I am confident that right now some are in a glorious new body, in the presence of the glory of the throne of God.
Weep with those who weep, yay, rejoice with those who rejoice, but I encourage thee ne\'er to be tween the two, ne\'er be in doubt, for our God is mighty, holy and the great I AM. Please direct your prayers towards Muthraw District, E. Burma, specifically as the Holy Spirit imparts unto thee, or don\'t if you have not the time, we still love you the same only because He loved us first.
I am writing this as fast as possible, and prayerfully tomorrow the first load of relief will arrive, but God is there and here now, so pray, I beseech thee, as you have been so faithful before to do. If you feel like writing I will make sure whatever you send (letters, postcards, a hand drawn picture) will be hand delivered to a weary soul in search of a cold cup of water, good news from a far country. If you are moved with compassion to be a part of giving immediate assistance, please don\'t hesitate, bibles, rice, plastic tarps, pots, baby clothes and medicine will get to those who need it, and we will rebuild the schools, the churches and the homes, so after the landmines are cleared and the SPDC retreats, warmth and love and fellowship in Christ will continue. All information is below, all wisdom, power and authority is above, go boldly before the throne of God.
Unworthy to die for Christ,
P. James and the Love in Action team E. Burma
"Please don\'t pray that God takes away whatever sufferings He has for us, we thank Him, please pray we may be steadfast and have strength to be faithful until the end"- Thera Doh **** **, Karen Pastor of the main church that was burnt down when I asked him what does he want prayer for.
LIA c/o James Garwood
P.O. Box 67
Mae Sariang, Mae Hong Son
In USA email Pastor Joe Tuccinardi for more details firstname.lastname@example.org
Love in Action
5353 Steamboat Way
Boise, ID 83713
If contributions are preferred to direct deposit for immediate needs, account info is
Navy Federal Credit Union
God bless you 100 fold
Guadalajara Team Update 7/24/10
Hello from Guadalajara!
-For the perfect words from the Lord during teaching times.
-For the Lord to move at Staff Training with the locals during the 2nd week.
-For the Lord to move at the Women\'s Conference at the end of the trip.
Thank you for your prayers! God bless you!
Prayer Updates 7/21/10
Pottenger’s (Kisumu, Kenya)
- Peg is recovered from her stomach bug, KG had a parasite and is recovering, and Sunday also had something and is recovering
- For the last FirmFoundation class
- Wisdom & discernment in choosing people for worship team and filling in while they are gone.
- God raising up people to fill in while they are gone for the birth of their baby
- Peg\'s pregnancy, Maureen\'s too.
- Family reunion mid August in Toledo Ohio
- Visiting JM\'s parents end of August
- Visiting A\'s family beginning of Sept.
- Jennifer(22yrs old) had baby Katie emergency C-section, almost 10 pounds. Pray she stays in the program she agreed to for 1 year. It has rules. She may leave and go to "The Village" A group of urban Bedouins who live a scummy life with drugs. If she leaves katie will be taken away. She is free to visit her boyfriend who has 9 months left in a Muslim rehab program. Boyfriend was present at hospital during katies birth.
- Wise use of time between ministering to people, juggling everyday life and time of refreshment.
- Luke has a job and starts today! It\'s at a market/cafe.
- We were very encouraged being with Pastor Matt and family from Calvary Chapel Leatherhead
- We had a great "date day" on Monday. God totally takes care of us!
- For Christ to be the center of our work/jobs.
Landon Rogers (London)
Please pray and thank God for:
- The fourth Wednesday bible study that will take place tonight
- The London team and continued refinement and submission in His work
- An old man named Paul. He hates his name because of his biblical namesake.
- His constant provision of spirit and needs in my life! HE IS SO GOOD!
- I am so grateful that you that are praying for us individually and corporately
- For the opportunities God is providing for me to minister on my prayer walks
- That God would continue to use & guide me with His eye & teach me as He has me often doing Outreach solo
- That I would have His keen eye
- for the Team
- Prayer for those whom we meet daily to know Jesus and to grow in Him
- For Gods timing and desired location for Sunday Services
- For the Wed Bible Study at Yumchaa, the people being taught, for the employees
Erika Bennett (Scotland)
- Moving into the Jenisons
- God\'s provision for financial support
- Shruti\'s trip to Scotland being so close.
- personal time with the Lord
- direction on preparing for evangelism
- living in the joy of today and not wishing for tomorrow to come sooner.
- God is just awesomely good in giving me an extra dose of His presence and His provision. He provided several friends to drop me off all the way to SFO airport, some funding that came in, and lots of encouragement and prayer from loved ones.
- Pat and Pastor Dan of CC Edinburgh have arranged for my stay at the Bible College in Edinburgh. I have a place to sleep at night! They will also be picking me up from the train station when I arrive.
- God revealed to me my first assignment whilst in Edinburgh - drop by to cheer up a friend of a past missionary from the area that connected with me. The lady is in great need of encouragement and fellowship, and as an elderly person, feels quite isolated and lonely.
- I\'d like to bless the London team with some authentic Indian food for dinner. Please pray I can get the spices I\'m packing from here through customs - and that the food actually tastes good. I\'m a novice.
- That my heart would be so focused on God\'s goodness when He uses me there exactly the way He desires. That daily I clear my mind of any expectations except that the LORD will do what He wants to do.
- For my packing process
Greg S (Bosnia)
- M, D, and I will be able to finish all of my preparations for the camp.
- The camp will run smoothly without any miscommunication.
- D will present the gospel without compromise and that the students will be open to hearing it.
- God will reconcile the Serbs and Bosniaks attending the camp.
- Lead me in what to do in Banja Luka and Bosnia after camp and when the team leaves.
- for those attending camp: J, V, B, N, J, S, V, and hopefully the two Ms and S
Ed Compean (Nairobi, Kenya)
- Please pray for God to help the students at the Calvary International Fellowship School of Ministry to finish this first term well. Next week we will prepare for the following week’s final by reviewing this term’s modules. Please intercede for these students, but also pray thanksgiving as they are being built up to serve God in His church.
- Please pray with us as the referendum election approaches in August 4. Pray that God’s people would respond and make the right decisions concerning the proposed new constitution and the right decisions regarding their response to the polls. The country is very divided over these issues. We ask for prayer as Sunday afternoon CIF will try to show what the Bible says concerning portions of the constitution. Please pray we will not be political but reflect the Monarchy we serve under as we await the King to take His place.
- Please pray for our brothers and sisters in Uganda after Al Shabab killed 74 and injured scores more in two bombings last Sunday. Please pray for correct responses as Kenyan police round up hundreds of Somalis and Ethiopians in and around Nairobi.
- opportunity to soak in the majesty of God on the mountain top! anna brought her backpacking guitar & I my soprano recorder, and the three of us worshipped and read out loud lots of Psalms. wonderful refreshment
- for the white tail doe & her two fawns that were feeding on Anna\'s lawn this AM. what a way to wake up today!!
- good meetings and prayer time with Mission Builder Intl friends
- have a free ride to Seattle on thurs or Fri with Craig\'s brother in law!
- wisdom for Mission Builders as they seek God about a possible property acquisition here.
- for another Nancy that Janet & I met in SLO the night before I left. she is new believer just starting study of book of John with a church in SLO. coming out of AA. pls pray for new lifestyle to be established and ability to walk and grow in the love of God and in her new self.
- for my last few meetings here in MT that I see all peopple God wants me to and seek for possibilities in 2011.
- for my travels to WA, esp. my conversation with Craig\'s brother-in-law as we drive, to share Light with him. I haven\'t met him yet and hear he is pretty quiet.
- for responsibility to my little things--I had set yesterday afternoon aside to do them, and my day got rearranged out of my control. help me God to recapture that time!
- for logistics getting from Seattle to Bellingham.
- for God\'s agenda in WA!
Guadalajara Team Update
We arrived safely in Guadalajara. Team is in good spirits and we are
stoked for what the Lord has in store for us here. God bless you guys!
Prayer Upadates 7/14/10
Pottenger’s (Kisumu, Kenya)
- Thank you so much for your prayers for our time away visiting and ministering to our friends. We had safe travels and the Lord really blessed our time and trip in the bush. We had several opportunities to share with them and love on them and just before we left we prayed for them. At the end the mama of the family Ana Claire had tears in her eyes. We feel like it will take some time but the Lord is doing something. We also want to praise God for extra support this month and the ability to take our staff to a staff appreciation lunch. Without the people who help us in our home and guard our gate and provide security at night we couldn’t do the ministry we do. As we sat around the table by the lake and shared, we were blown away at what God has done and is doing in all of us, including bringing Sunday to Himself. The Maasai tribe was represented, the Luyah, and the Luo tribe as well as we Americans. Words were shared that we are one family and each one expressed how grateful they are for one another and that we came to teach the Word of God. They each said how they are learning and growing in Christ even through our ministry to others. PTL! It was truly awesome and a time that brought us all together more. And we got to share an awesome meal (our Maasai guard Gideon had never eaten at a restaurant) and we saw hippos!
- We are in the midst of raising up people within the church to fill our shoes while we are away with the arrival of our baby girl. It is exciting but proves to be challenging as we are still a new church and getting to know people. Please pray for the following ministries and the people God knows who are willing to serve with integrity and surrender to the Spirit:
- Worship - leader/Choir
- Children’s church – teacher and volunteers (We had 15 children last week…PTL!)
- Doing logistical things like counting tithe with Pastor Stephen
- Ladies Bible study – Mama Blessing is praying about leading
Please also pray for us personally:
- Peg – strength and energy and wisdom to rest when baby says rest!
- KG – ate an authentic treat on Sunday and is having tummy trouble…..cramping and intestinal issues
- Matt – time with Pastor Stephen this Thurs. as they have their planning day and vision day
We are thankful for…
- Simple pleasures like a McDonald’s ice cream on a hot day
- Our good health! My Vertigo is gone!
- That God has given us His word and He wants us to get to know Him through it. Isn’t that cool!?
- Family and friends who constantly encourage us.
- Favor in our community, and the encouragement of seeing fruit!
Please pray for…
- Soft hearts. Now that we’ve been here a while, things are starting to feel normal. That’s good in one sense, but we never want our walk with Christ to be normal. We want to grow every day!
- Patience as I (Luke) wait for work, and work visa details to fall in place.
- Joy! We realize this is the one thing that will make people want to know what’s different about us… and actually want it.
Mark Piester (Russia)
- Praise Report: During the Thursday and Friday night services there was an opportunity for the children to repent and commit their lives to Jesus. There were more than 20 children who camp forward and prayed to Jesus to forgive them of their sins on Thursday and then again on Friday (a total of about 25 as some of the kids came forward twice). Thank you for praying for the young lives who now know Jesus because of their prayers and financial support to allow them to attend camp.
- On Saturday night we were able to distribute the clothing gathered from Cambria Calvary Chapel, family and friends to each of the children. The kids immediately put on the clothes and were wearing them and many are wearing them again today. Many commented on the quality of the clothes. I have many photos that I would like to share with you when I have access to high speed internet. I am amazed that we were able to give each child at least one article of clothing and several of the children who have a greater need received several items. It was like a clothes "potluck" everyone contributed and God knew what the needs were. It has been a blessing to be able to give the children a glimpse of God\'s love and care that He has for them.
- We have three more full days left here at camp. Please continue to pray for lives to be changed.
- Thank you for your prayers and commitment to the ministry here.
Compean’s (Nairobi, Kenya)
- Thank you for praying for our time in Tharaka. It was very different than we thought it would be, but it was also clearly God that directed our steps. Please continue to pray for that area, we feel Calvary International Fellowship should plant a daughter church there within the next two years. More of an update from Tharaka is on the blog: http://cifgithurai.blogspot.com/2010/07/hope-to-plant.html
- Please continue to pray for CIF and us as we prepare for the constitutional referendum elections on August 4. As many of you can remember, elections in Kenya have never been peaceful. There are strong contentions regarding abortion and Muslim Kadhi Courts becoming part of the Kenyan government. People have already been killed, including a pastor that stood up against the constitution. Please join us in praying that God will bring His peace and His will. There is more info here: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/07/06/AR2010070605449.html?hpid=moreheadlineg
Praise the Lord for ministry opportunity-
- We continue to have increased opportunity for discipleship with seekers and new believers.
- We have seen such amazing growth in the life of Miss "G". As she prepares for ministry trips this summer, we\'ve seen the Lord provide supernaturally for all her needs. The Lord is using her daily to minister the gospel to Israelis and other visitors around her as she volunteers in the guest house.
- I spoke this week with Miss "L", an Israeli who does not yet know the Lord, but is open. She asked for prayer because she suffers from depression and is in debt. Please pray that she will feel well enough to meet with me for Bible study and prayer.
- I also spoke with Jennifer this week, and we prayed over the phone. Jen is due to deliver her baby via c-section this Wednesday, the 14th. The Doctor felt it would be safer for the baby because she already weighs 10 lbs and is a bit past her due date. Jen is nervous about the delivery, but otherwise doing well. She asked me to help her find a congregation in her area and expressed a sincere desire to continue growing spiritually. She also asks for prayer for herself and the baby.
Praise the Lord for His Provision-
- We were contacted this week by two different individuals who offered financial support. Part of this will be specifically to help with our proposed trip to the States next month. It looks like we will be able to finally visit our families. Praise the Lord!
- JM\'s new company "Chrysalis" is starting a project for their first client. JM has begun the work and we are very excited to see what the Lord will do with this new venture. We hope it will be an additional source of much needed income for us and a blessing for many in Israel. Please pray that the Lord will bless this project and the future of this new company.
Prayer- Please pray over the following requests:
- Outreach- Please continue to pray for the salvation of the unbelieving contacts we,re developing: Mr "A", the"B" family, "Miss "F", and Miss "L" and for the growth of believers we are currently discipling.
- Citizenship- The ministry of interior has summoned us for another interview on July 19th Please pray for us to have peace and for the Lord\'s intervention to hasten and complete this process.
- Health and healing - Please pray for JM and I to have increased energy, good rest, and improved physical fitness.
- Finances- We are excited about the new potential for income through JM\'s "tent making" venture. This month, we are still facing the challenges of our normal living expenses, payments on our van, and legal fees for the Supreme Court case. Our budget is tight and at this point we are behind on our utility bills. Please pray for wisdom and the Lord\'s continued guidance and provision.
- Praise the Lord for a baby boy ï
- Pray for Daniel’s (the baby) recovery from chest infection
- Pray for Bua’s recovery
- Pray for them as parents and for their little guys salvation
- Pray for unity as a team
- Pray for God to speak through them and that they would be a blessing
- I had chance to visit an old college housemate and her family and have lunch with Jack (step-mother\'s husband) during layover in Portland
- I had the opportunity to go with a friend today who is studying feasibility of a property purchase for his ministry group, putting into practice what I learned at the land cleansing & blessing seminar a couple weeks ago. It was a surprise and a very good time with God, very encouraging looking for clues of his long term plan & strategy.
- for Pat, a woman I sat next to on the plane, disappointed that her adult daughter Amy is not walking with God. Please pray for Amy\'s salvation and for Pat to not grow weary of praying for her.
- For the ministry to have discernment whether to purchase this property or not. it\'s a big leap of faith as far as finances go.
- At the last minute, God made a way for Jennifer, who traveled with me to Costa Rica, to join Anna & I on our retreat. So we will be a triad! We leave tues AM return Fri. please pray for our safety out in the boonies (we learned it\'s an area where they have, in the past, released bears who caused trouble in campgrounds etc.),but most of all that we would see, hear and experience God\'s majesty and hear clearly both on personal and ministry levels with the Lord.
- Please pray for God to set up divine appointments with people on the base next week.
Prayer Updates 7/7/10
Pottengers (Kisumu, Kenya)
- Thank you for your prayers! You are such an essential part of our ministry! Our travels to and from Nairobi were smooth and uneventful and we praise God for that. Though Nairobi is tiring and we had some unexpected testing for Peg our time was blessed with sweet fellowship with friends, a chance to celebrate Baby Grace’s birthday, super yummy food, an escalator ride for KG (6 times, smile) and safety all around. Though we live in a city it’s a treat to visit Nairobi because it offers so many things that Kisumu doesn’t have. Including great healthcare which we want to praise God for and a wonderful doctor who is very thorough and cautious. We also praise God for Peg’s health and that the pregnancy seems to be going well and baby is growing well.
- We also want to praise God for the visitors CCL is having and for the people coming to the firm foundation class. And this week at ladies Bible study there were 8 women. We may be running out of room. PTL! And the young mama Flo who thought everyone was coming to get money or came to study again with a tender heart. The Wednesday study has turned into a men’s study which continues to bless many people and in Children’s church we had 14 children! God is at work in many people’s lives and we praise Him.
Please pray for:
- Us as we travel one more time to a little island to minister to our Buddhist friends. Please pray for a fruitful time and for opportunities to share the clear Gospel. Please pray they would have tender hearts towards God’s truth. We will also be in a little more rustic area and on very rough roads…not fun for a prego mama.
- Flo to surrender to the Lord who loves her dearly
- Pastor Stephen, Maureen and John Mark as they continue to grow in the ministry and for uninterrupted time for Matt and Stephen to meet to plan and visionate for CCL.
- The Choir that will begin meeting this Sat. evening.
- For volunteers to serve in Children’s ministry
- Us as we prepare for the birth and arrival of baby Potts. The doctor would like to see Peg to do an ultrasound at 35 weeks and will determine if she should stay in Nairobi or can return for a couple more weeks to Kisumu. This gives us less than 5 weeks to get everything in order. Smile!
The Parks (London)
- Blessed time at pastors/leaders conference in York
- Had the first wednesday Bible Study
- Some other exciting news that is unrelated to London, we are officially auntie and uncle! David\'s older brother Daniel and his wife Melissa just had their first child, a baby girl named Elizabeth Joy!
- Salvation for the staff at the tea house where they do the Bible Study.
- People that pop in and out of the tea house while they are doing the Bible Study
- Continued prayer for their times of outreach
- This coming Sunday, we are headed back to CC Twickenham, but this Sunday, PT will be teaching and leading worship and David and I along with Luke and Frida will be heading up children\'s ministry! So exciting! David and I will be with ages 6-12 and Luke and Frida will be with the younger ones. Please keep that in your prayers this week as David preps for the message, games, and craft!
The Merrills (London)
- Frida\'s first week of work has been great!
- Luke has a potential job... a trial shift on Friday. We should find out more after that.
- Our ship came in... with our stuff from CA. We\'re only missing one small plate, but I\'m sure that\'s our fault anyway.
- Our first week of Bible study went well at Yumchaa... our next is tomorrow!
- Luke is feeling better from having had Vertigo
- We had a great Sunday (July 4th!) with cousins in Hertford. It was such great time being family at their baby dedication :)
- For time management... clarity knowing what\'s important and what\'s not.
- Unity and grace in the team. That we would be able to be transparent with each other.
- Open eyes in our everyday routine to see how God wants to use us. It\'s often not in our planned "evangelism time"
Landon Rogers (London)
Please praise Jesus and pray for:
- Karen and Dov, a Jewish couple wanting to check out the study.
- Solomon, a pina colada vender that wants to come to the study.
- Shlomi, and to get saved.
- For the study tonight, that God would bless in the ways that delight Him most.
Compeans (Nairobi, Kenya)
- Tomorrow morning Jackson, intern Brent and I will join some people from Calvary International Fellowship to travel to Tharaka to distribute some Talking Bibles and teach a pastor’s conference. These are bush pastors with little to no Biblical training, please pray we can effectively equip them with God’s word. We look forward to reestablishing relationships in the area ( http://cifgithurai.blogspot.com/2009/04/let-me-boast-about-my-son.html) and seeing God work as we eventually desire to send a Kenyan from CIF to plant a church in that area.
- Please pray for Associate Pastor Murigi as he continues in the Sermon on the Mount for the people of CIF this Sunday. It is so wonderful to see Kenyan men step into ministry and be used of God. Thank God with us as we see the CIF men’s ministry develop and youth begin to minister one to another. Please thank God as we hear of his grace, mercy and peace being poured out in Kisumu at CC Lakeside.
- Finally, thank God with is for ministering to Pastor Gitu, Miriam and their family at Joseph\'s funeral last week.
- Praise the Lord for ministry opportunity- We are seeing an increased opportunity for ministry in our congregation and the surrounding community of Jerusalem.
- This week we continue to spend extra time with the daughter of the "B" family. The time for her to enter her army service is drawing near (next month) and we are making the most of our present opportunity. Please pray with us that she will continue to attend our congregation\'s youth group and that the Lord will open her heart to the gospel.
- For the past few weeks, we have increased our investment of discipleship time with new believer Miss "G", we are seeing some amazing fruit in her life. Miss "G" has begun volunteer service with CMJ, a well established ministry here in Jerusalem. She is excited to serve the Lord in a capacity that includes much opportunity for evangelism, and excellent training for future ministry. Miss "G" has also been preparing for a couple of ministry trips this summer, and this week she saw how the Lord can provide through the generosity of believers around the world. We are blessed to see how He is working in and through her life.
- This week was also a time of encouraging young believers who are enduring trials, and seeking guidance. JM and I have been called upon by several believers in our congregation for prayer, wise counsel, instruction and encouragement. One young woman in particular has been under a tremendous amount of stress this month. She came to A asking for prayer because she had so much anxiety she had become physically ill. I spent a couple of hours this week, praying, counseling and encouraging her with scriptures that deal with anxiety. As of last night, she has a renewed peace in the Lord and she\'s agreed to meet with me one on one for discipleship, despite her hectic schedule.
- Praise the Lord for His Provision- For the past month we have been working, together with our travel agent, on recovering the money for Jen and A\'s unused airline tickets. Today we received word that the airline will return most of the money for these tickets. Praise the Lord for His help with this difficult situation! Please continue to pray that the amount we need to return to our donors will be replaced onto their credit card without any further delay.
- The Lord graciously blessed us this week with a gift of a few extra shekels, and some much needed 2nd hand clothing for A.
- JM\'s new company "Chrysalis" is starting a project for their first client, although there have been a l will begin working as soon as the legalities are finalized, and this will provide additional and much needed income for us. Please pray that the Lord will speed the completion of this contract so that the much needed work can begin.
Prayer- Please pray over the following requests:
- Outreach- Please continue to pray for the salvation of the unbelieving contacts we,re developing: Mr "A", the"B" family and "Miss "F", and for the growth of believers we have been discipling, Miss "G", Jen, Miss "E", Miss "S" and Shohei.
- Citizenship- We have still not succeeded in obtaining an FBI background check for A. This is because of the bureaucracy involved in obtaining adequate fingerprinting services here in Israel. The ministry of interior has summoned us for another interview on July 19th and we intend to confront them about their lack of compliance with the Supreme court ruling (FBI check or no). Our attorney is still pursuing a legal motion to force compliance, but the court staff are currently on strike, and the court will recess for the summer from July 15th through September. Please pray for the Lord\'s intervention to hasten and complete this process.
- Health and healing- Praise to the Lord for His wonderful healing this week. A had a pinched nerve in her foot, which at times was so painful, she was hopping around on one leg. We asked for prayer from the congregation\'s leaders and immediately her foot was healed. She has continued walking normally and without pain. Please pray for JM and A to have increased energy and improved physical fitness.
- Please continue to pray for spiritual and emotional healing for all the new believers we have ministry to. Please join us in continuing to pray that Jennifer will have a normal delivery and transition to motherhood (her due date is July 9th). Jen is currently residing in the Haifa area, in a home for single mothers, who are recovering from substance abuse. Please pray that she will be able to stay in the program for the one year duration she committed to.
- Finances- We are excited about the new potential for income through JMs "tent making" venture. This month, we are still facing the challenges of our normal living expenses, payments on our van, and legal fees for the Supreme Court case. Our budget is tight and at this point we are behind on our utility bills. Please pray for wisdom and the Lord\'s continued guidance and provision.
- God is opening peoples ears to hear and understand the gospel as I evangelize daily.
- God is confirming the call for a likeminded family, the Petriks, to join us for a month, see their video at www.facebook.com/brentenpowers
- God is providing for us to continue laboring in Latvia, with residence permits being renewed, CCLivermore has started supporting us too, and Lena\'s pregnancy is going well.
- For the Holy Spirit to soften peoples hearts to actually repent and trust Christ after they hear the gospel.
- For the family (the Petriks) hoping to join us for a month, for God\'s provision in God\'s timing for their trip.
- For our family (the Powers) and our fellowship, that we\'d be good stewards with God\'s wisdom and power to lead in God\'s way.
Meagan Webster (Mexico)
- Pray for unity as a household (Meagan shares a house with 17 people)
- Pray for provision of a new place to live, the owner of the place they currently rent needs to use it so they all need to move.
- Pray for marriages in the ministry
- Praise God for how He is growing the church and bring the lost to Himself
- Pray for direction as they seek to serve those around them
Don and Marta (Hungary)
- Pray for us to be effective in our time here.
- Pray for the conference in Ukraine July 15-18
- Pray for Bahar, the new believer, to grow in the Lord and for her family to be saved in Iran.
- Pray that we would be sensitive to the Lord\'s leading.
- Pray for Kefas in Nigeria, we talked to him and he is doing well but hoping more people will attend the meetings.
- Praise God for the blessed trip to teach at Mae Rah Moe Bible College. We are looking forward to getting more involved there in the future.
- Praise God for stirring up His people in Sawankhalok to share the gospel of Jesus in our area.
- Praise God for providing a job for MJ through teaching English in our home.
- Praise God for providing for our tickets to make a trip home to the U.S.
- Please pray for God\'s blessing on the weekly evangelism; for souls to be saved, and for more of the body here to get involved.
- Please pray for our trip home, and the Lord\'s provision.
- God\'s mercies never end!
- will be at YWAM Montana July 11 till ~22nd and am waiting God\'s guidance regarding exact timing & travel logistics to WA & who I am to spend time with there besides my family
- sensitivity to the Spirit as Anna & I have a prayer retreat together
- God\'s direction in meetings with EARS leaders regarding next year
- fruitful learning sessions with Anna about our gifting & debriefing skills
- that I would be faithful in taking care of the little things while I\'m on the road. usually I allow some to pile up and take care of them when I land back in CA. this habit needs to change.
Prayer Updates 6/30/10
SENT Prayer Updates
- Bible study at Yumchaa
- Salvation of London
- prayer for PT and Suzanne to find good "couple" time
- for the girls to find friends here that love Jesus and that are close enough to see regularly.
- We had an absolutely awesome Monday evening with Landon and Tobi in the park. Monday was refreshing in many ways, but we all got to experience how God interrupts our normal stuff and does something really amazing!
- Frida had her first day of work yesterday. It was good and we see God\'s provision both monetarily and that it\'s a good place to work. Pray the Lord would use her there as He pleases and that she would be obedient to Him.
- Luke had a job interview at a Cafe and it went well. Don\'t know still how it\'s turning out, but it was a good experience and we have kind of gotten to know the manager.
- For our first bible study at Yumchaa Wednesday night!
- For Luke\'s health. He is still feeling dizzy, and his tailbone problem has also been worse lately (he has had it for 2 years already).
- For our own growth and joy to always be found in Jesus.
- I am back in London safely (praise Jesus) with story after story of His awesome provision and providence while I was on the East Coast.
- All abnormal cells are removed from my ear and I took the stitches out today!
- The Wednesday night study starts today. Woohoo!
Meagan Webster (Mexico)
- Praise the Lord that the boy, Alejandro, that got shot was okay. George and I went to visit him last night and George was able to share with him. You could see in his eyes that he was listening, that he is not content with the life that he is living right now. George is praying about what the next step is with these boys.
- Ministry opportunities- Daughter of the "B" family, Shohei\'s mom- Mrs Yoshida, Miss \'G\' (This is the girl Abra sent a separate email about)
- God\'s provision- a friend paid for the repairs to their van, JM "tentmaking" opportunity
- for Jen to go to full term and have an easy labor and transition into motherhood
- for provision- they are behind in their utilities
- for stewardship of finances – would like to be able to refund those who supported Jen’s plan ticket
- for the new believers and those who are wounded emotionally, and stressed from the new tensions in Israel
- FBI check for her citizenship. How best to do that since they are over there and not here.
- For Gal (a new believer they have been discipling) was invited by Lech Lecha ( a messianic youth ministry) to be part of a missions trip to Uganda this August. Please pray specifically for Gal as she is working to raise the support for this missions trip.
Mark Piester (Russia)
- I just received an email from Pastor Zhenya this morning that there was a powerful tornado Sunday evening which destroyed the camp facilities and it will not be possible to hold camp at this location. (Camp is scheduled to take place next week – from July 5-15. Praise the Lord that it happened before the camp began and not during camp. We would appreciate your prayers as the church seeks other options for camp.
- Pray for the camps held this month. Praise God for His faithfulness in providing scholarships for children. Pray for the remaining funds needed for the camps.
- Pray for the children who will be attending camp for the first time, that they will come to know Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
- Pray for Sasha Kuzmin and his wife Natasha, as they have many family problems.
- Pray for Vova as he serves in the Russian Navy. Pray for protection and that he would remain strong in the Lord
- Pray for Nikolai, that the Lord will open the doors for him to serve at camp this month. Pray for his health as he seeks medical help to resolve his health issues.
Pottengers (Kisumu, Kenya)
- Refreshing time with friends at a beautiful location.
- For the people in the Firm foundation class and new lady in Bible Study
- travel to Nairobi and all the appointments
- For Maureen as she leads the Bible study while Peg is away
- For Maureen, Pastor Stephen and John Mark\'s health
- for Flo, not a believer, but interested...coming to the Bible Study
Compeans (Nairobi, Kenya)
- It has been a hard week and prayer is needed. One of our faithful sisters from the church was attacked by a gang as she left Calvary International Fellowship. Please pray for Janyce and for security around the church.
- Please pray as CIF ministers to our brothers and sisters at Calvary Chapel Rongai. Pastor Gitu, a national, and his wife Miriam lost their 25-year-old son to illness this week. They have become close personal friends and a huge help in the planting of CIF. Please pray as CIF tries to support our friends in Rongai and that God would bring healing to that church. Jackson and our intern Brenten have been staying in Rongai to cook, clean and help in preparation for the funeral, please pray they would be used to bring peace in this hard time.
- Haley can not communicate from Peru, but we have heard she is there and engaged in ministry. Please pray as she focuses on all God has to do in and through her in the next five weeks for His glory in the slums of Lima.
- Finally, next week an inner city ministry in St. Louis called World Impact will be sharing and praying for the work here in Kenya. We ask that you not only pray for that work, but that some of those St. Louis inner city youth would be impacted to learn of the great love Jesus has for the inner city slums of Kenya. If you are interested, here are two links to the video we sent for the St. Louis youth to see.
Sweeneys (Camp Hope, NY)
- we would love your prayers as both Camp Joy and Camp Hope are in session! It is week 2 for Hope and week 1 for Joy. It\'s hot out there so that can make it a little challenging! (Maybe more swim time!)
- Also, we have our weekly "Day at the Fair" (a sort of carnival) for the kids on Friday 9am to 1pm. We can always use extra help in running the activities: bounce house, fishing pond, face painting, dunking booth, etc.
- We were hit by a tornado last Thurs which did some minor damage and took down six trees but no one was hurt! The campers had just left the two areas that were the worst hit...getting the wheelchair bound and those a bit unsteady on their feet out of the way would have been diffucult. God protected everyone!