Corner of Monterey and Beach Street
Morro Bay, CA 93442
Office Phone :: 805.772.8525
Email :: email@example.com
go to complete contact details »
June 2010 - Ministries
Prayer Updates 6/16/10
We are so thankful for…
- Frida’s new job. Our God is always faithful!
- For 2 weeks before Frida starts work… we’re still in the middle of a few things like hunting for church buildings, coffee shop research, Visa application, National Insurance Number stuff, etc…
- Lee Abbey friends in London.
Please pray for…
- Diligence as we work thorough more technicalities and logistics stuff.
- Positive attitude and trust in God’s faithfulness.
- Not to limit in our small minds what God’s perfect plan is for Camden.
- For us to quiet our hearts, that we could hear God’s voice.
- Thank you for praying and investing in this ministry. Its continually confirmed that we are in the right place for this church plant. Northern London and specifically the area we are in is a place of mixed ages and need.
- Thank you for your continued prayers as God designs His church. Praise Him for continued favor for everything from this home, to the tea house on Wed, to all of the people we have met and will get to meet. That we would be ever hearing and available in serving others. These people need hope.
Meagan Webster (Mexico)
- Please pray along with me that the Lord continues to open the doors to this group, to a bible study if that is the Lord\'s heart, that God would guide George as to what his part is in all of this, and that God would bring about a revival in this group of youth. George has planned a movie night with them, but his big vision is a camping trip with them, obviosuly though this is going to take a lot pf prayer and a lot of God!
Pottengers (Kisumu, Kenya)
- Kathy (the ice cream lady) is more and more open to hearing about Jesus, she went to a going away party with them for other missionaries. wants to come to a Bible study
- Dr and her family (AnaClaire and Nathan and children) spent time w/P4 they are not believers, but their staff is. So they came over and worshiped when they had a staff devotional/worship time.
- For the powerful messages being taught through Pastor Stephen, and now a new class that Matt will teach.
- for God\'s protection for a women from the Bible study and her 4 mo old baby , in a bus when it rolled several times... they are fine.
- For the unbelievers that they would continue to have hearts softened.
- for Maureen, her health and pregnancy
- for Peg her last trimester...health
- Matt & Stephen as they prepare for the things the LORD will have them teach.
- For Kenya Grace- her welcoming of her baby sister and her growth in the LORD
Compeans (Nairobi, Kenya)
- Thank you for praying for this work and for my travel. The time with family and the conference has been blessed.
- God is at work. Many of you have heard that some of the fence at Calvary International Fellowship was stolen. While the theft poses some challenges, it also opens doors for ministry and we rejoice the church guard was not injured. Please pray fro this situation. Thank God with us for these turn of events.
- Please thank God with us that I can spend a couple days with Haley before I head back to Kenya and she departs for her mission with Intervarsity to Peru. Please pray as Haley and her team depart from Tijuana this week to bring the love of Jesus to the slums of Lima.
- Finally, please pray for the Pastors Daniel and Murigi as they oversee CIF.
- In bombings associated with a prayer rally for the constitutional referendum in Kenya several people were killed and almost 100 injured this afternoon. Please pray. Please pray for Godly response. Please pray for Calvary International Fellowship’s already scheduled prayer meeting focused on the referendum election for next Sunday.
The Ms (Israel)
- Praise the Lord for transition and ministry opportunity- The Lord has brought us through trials this week and now into transition, continually moving us forward on the path of ministry He has prepared for us. Yesterday Jennifer (the expectant mother who has been staying with us) made a decision to leave our household and move to another. This concluded an important season of ministry for us, but today, the Lord has already opened a completely new opportunity for outreach - He doesn\'t waste a single minute! We are excited and looking forward to watching His plans unfold in our lives and work here in Jerusalem.
- This week we have been invited to participate in an outreach sponsored by CMJ, a well established ministry here in the land. If you\'ve been to Jerusalem, you may remember seeing Christ Church near the Jaffa Gate entrance to the Old City. Christ Church has decided to stay open late to receive Israeli seekers, who are visiting the old city this week for a local festival. Last night they hosted about 700 curious Israelis who wanted to know more about Yeshua and messianic believers. Please pray for a fruitful time of ministry and relationship building.
- Praise the Lord for His perfect plan- Though our original ministry plan for Jennifer did not work out as we expected, the Lord is working out His perfect plan in all our lives. We were honored to serve the Lord by ministering to Jen in a time of need, and we\'re gratified to see what He has already accomplished for her unborn baby. During her stay with us, Jennifer\'s pregnancy was "upgraded" from "at risk" to "normal/ healthy". For the last four months, we were able to provide a safe, drug free environment, good nutrition and consistent medical care for Jen and her baby. In the next few weeks, Jen will give birth to a healthy baby, and considering how she started out, that is a miracle!
- Praise the Lord for His Provision- The Lord continues to provide faithfully, in every season. We are still working, together with our travel agent, on recovering the money for the unused airline tickets. A couple of friends have come forward, offering to help us to work this out. Please pray that we will be a able to quickly recover the travel costs and return the necessary funds given specifically towards this trip.
- JM\'s new company, called "Chrysalis" landed their first client. They will immediately begin creating a comprehensive marketing strategy, helping this important Israeli non-profit to raise support and awareness worldwide. JM will be working on this project part time, allowing him to continue our regular ministry activities uninterrupted. Please pray that the Lord will have His way with this new company, and will make it productive and a blessing to many.
Prayer- Please pray over the following requests:.
- Citizenship- A needs to turn in just one more document- an FBI background check- in order to receive her citizenship. We have been researching the best way to do this from Israel and it is looking somewhat complicated. Please pray that the Lord will direct us to the right agency, for the quickest and most efficient service. Please pray also, that the people in the office of the interior will keep their word about processing her file and giving her citizenship in a timely manner.
- Health and healing- Please continue to pray for spiritual and emotional healing for all the new believers we have ministry to. Though she has now moved on to another living situation, please join us in continuing to pray that Jennifer will have a normal third trimester and birth. Please pray for us to have increased energy and good sleep.
- Outreach- Please pray for our outreach with CMJ at Christ Church and also for the participants in the Jews for Jesus campaign that is going on here this month. The campaigners continue persevering under opposition but continue to see a great response so far with over 1200 jewish people expressing an interest in knowing more about Yeshua. Please also continue to pray for the salvation of the unbelieving Jewish contacts we\'re developing: Mr "A", the "B" family, and Miss"F" who has been attending our Isaiah study, and for the growth of new believers Shohei, Miss"G", Miss "E", and Jen.
- Finances- We are excited about the new potential for income through JM\'s "tent making" venture. This month, we are still facing the challenges of our normal living expenses, payments on our van, and legal fees for the Supreme Court case. Please pray for wisdom and the Lord\'s continued guidance and provision.
- Pastor Curt was released from the hospital Saturday following his brain surgery and is home resting on Maui.
- my nephew graduates from Morro Bay High this week
- Christina Knowles graduated from Univ. of Hawaii even through all the difficulties of losing her dad a few months ago (Mike on Maui) and now caring for her mom.
- God\'s mercy & kindness
- Pastor Curt\'s healing from surgery and upcoming chemo & radiation treatments. the new mass they removed from his brain was more tumor, so his cancer is very aggressive. Pray they can all keep their eyes on Jesus as he goes through 6 weeks of treatments.
- Pray for God\'s vision & wisdom for Christina Knowles as she manages all the family affairs & her mom\'s care following Mike\'s death. she is 22, has a very strong missionary heart and desires to leave Hawaii but would need to take her mom with her and the logistics of this would be very difficult, so needs guidance & direction from the Lord.
- For God to cleanse my heart and keep me near His side.