Corner of Monterey and Beach Street
Morro Bay, CA 93442
Office Phone :: 805.772.8525
Email :: firstname.lastname@example.org
go to complete contact details »
March 2010 - Ministries
Prayer Updates 3/24/10
Meagan Webster (Mexixo)
- Pray for her health, she just found out she has bronchitis and emphysema
- Pray for financies to pay for meds
- Pray for her heart that I can have a good attitude about this and not grow discouraged and that the Lord would use these meds to heal her body as much as possible.
- The Spring Break team from Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo arrived today. The Cal Poly students will be spending the next week with us. We have a lot packed into the week…campus ministry, two service projects, a cultural trip, and training times. Please pray that God will transform lives this week and call some of these Cal Poly students back to El Salvador to intern. Also, along with the students came two supporters of the ministry, Ron (a doctor), and Zac (a physical therapist who just started his own business). On campus, Ron and Zac will have some opportunities to lead seminars on their areas of expertise, as well as share their faith. We are thankful to have the team come. They bring a lot of energy, excitement, and love.
- On campus we will be using leadership surveys this week and praying that God will raise up leaders in each department to lead small group Bible studies. Please pray along with us.
- It’s been a busy semester and my teammates and I are starting to feel weary. Please pray for our health and renewed strength and energy to serve on campus.
- My team, the National staff, and students, will be heading to Honduras on March 30th to serve there for Semana Santa (Holy Week), until April 3rd. Please pray that God will provide financially for each of the students, so that they will be able to go.
S P (Thailand/Burma)
Prayer Requests - "Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy & find grace to help in time of need." Hebrews 4:16
- Still Urgent! The plan of the Burmese government is still to terminate the Karen living in the Karen State in Burma before their 2010 election and they will not announce when their 2010 "election" will be! An article in the local newspaper just announced that the UN is researching on charging them with international war crimes. Please continue to pray for God\'s justice & mercy, for the safety of the Karen & all those oppressed in Burma, & for the Lord to turn the enemy back in a miraculous way - that all will see His hand of protection & He will get all of the glory! Thank you!
- Please pray for my upcoming trip to the USA to introduce American churches to the Karen refugees who have resettled in their cities so they can meet them, understand their needs & help them. Please pray the Lord will move hearts to help , as they meet the Karen, and please pray for a team who will carry on this need in other churches - thank you!
- Please continue to pray for Brian, pastor of Calvary Chapel Half Moon Bay, as he adjusts to living without his well-loved wife, Carol of years.
PRAISE REPORTS - "Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and His ways past finding out!" Romans 11:33
- Praise the Lord for the healthy birth of Heh Ney Htoo & Aye Da Yar\'s new baby daughter, May Ywah A Bluit (God\'s Grace) - born breech in Tham Hin refugee camp without any medication!!
- Ehna & I have finished the video for the presentation to the Americans to show at their churches so they can meet, understand the needs, & help the Karen refugees.in their cities. We took a break to pray for The Global Day of Prayer for Burma with all the others in his house, then continued working on the video for the rest of the day. Ehna delivered it to me at 6 am the next morning, right before I had to leave town - praise the Lord for his perseverance!
- For one of my first students, Beh Beh, (in 1985) returning to Thailand to visit her friends after resettling in Australia 3 years ago. She has returned to not only visit, but see the needs of her people to understand how her friends in Australia can help. We traveled together to Tham Hin refugee camp, Sangklaburi to the Family Home, Way Mah Lai to the Children\'s Home and all of Paw Lu Lu\' and Nandoe\'s many other ministries, Pa La U Discipleship Center , then north all night to Mae Sot. Having survived a sinus & eye infection, I praise the Lord for giving me His strength for all of this traveling!! He gave me time to rest in Mae Sot, while visiting my Karen host who invited me to come & minister to the Karen in 1985, and my youngest son, Po Rah/De Sunshine. Then more time to rest in Chiang Mai while visiting my friends there - I\'m so blessed and grateful to the Lord for His enablement of the ministry He has called me to! I Timothy 1:12
- Praise the Lord for His blessings throughout this last school year at the Pa La U Discipleship Center. Beh Beh & I returned in time for the students end of school Thanksgiving Service - their testimonies were so precious as they thank the Lord for His provision for them and His faithfulness to them - there were many tears!
- Praise the Lord for Pa La U Center\'s sale of their first cash crop - a truckload of pineapple!
- Additional blessings of traveling with Beh Beh include our time with the children at the Family Home and Children\'s Home. We were able to all attend church together near the Family Home - I love seeing healthy, handicapped and HIV children worshipping together!! The Family Home now has three new boys, all with HIV positive - please pray for them!
The Pottengers (Kisumu, Kenya)
- Thank you for your prayers! We have been having a very fruitful and sweet time with Matt and La. As they have come alongside our everyday lives it has been such a blessing to have them a part of ministry and daily life. We have seen the Lord use them in sweet ways ministering to people and sharing the Word as well as helping us pack and get our new home ready. We praise God for their time here.
- Last week was a bit difficult emotionally for Kenya Grace and so we praise God for bringing her through the week and that she is doing better. She has been singing a lot lately and "scatting" with Matt D. Big smile.
- We also want to praise God for the opportunity to be a part of Jeff \'s (Pamela\'s oldest) baptism and to attend Pamela\'s church. (A small Baptist church.) It was a blessed day and we were able to end the day with a cake celebration.
- We also praise God for some direction for a Sunday meeting place and growth in the Bible studies.
Please pray for:
- The few days we have left with Matt and La. They leave Thursday. Sad face!
- Kenya Grace as she seems to be feeling lots of transition asking why we have to leave our home. We know it will be difficult for her as well when Matt and La leave. And she has terrible bug bites.
- As we move things this week and do the final move on Sat. as well as keep our ministry schedule
- Strength and endurance to stay focused on the Lord
- Confirmation for location for Sunday services
- Work for Pastor Stephen
- For our marriage - need better communication and big bags of grace towards one another
Landon Rogers (London)
- God\'s financial provision! It is fun to see Him bring in funds after He asked me to trust Him. Turns out He keeps His word?!
- My UK sponsorship... woohoo!
- His presence in my life through fellowship with some special friends and family.
- Continued ability to learn from His faithfulness that I would be more faithful to Him in response to His crazy blessing.
- For my sister! It sure has been long enough, but the little guy will most likely be here this week. They are saying a c-section is inevitable but Hailey still wants to try to do it naturally. Pray for the obvious health risks in this type of delivery. Also, pray that you can cope with the onslaught of pictures I will be sending once my nephew enters the world.
- For Eric and Robin\'s encouragement in the Lord, and the salvation of the different random drunk and homeless guys the Lord brought my way this weekend.
The Merrills (London)
- We feel so at peace and are more excited than ever as we begin to move next week.
- We have wonderful families that love and support us. They are always so helpful.
- For safety as we travel, and for bags and stuff to make it all the way.
- For Luke to get his Visa as we get to the UK. He can\'t apply until we get there. We would love for it to process fast so we can get our passports back. Now the processing time is 6-8 months, but he should be able to start working after e few weeks. Don\'t ask me how that works...
- For unity in the team.
- For wisdom as we will make many decisions this weekend on what to bring, and what to leave behind.
The Holydes (London)
- PT and Jacks time in London to be fruitful
- Divine appointments
- For the Care Team to come together how God wants it to
- Salvation of London
The Parks (London)
- Time at the children’s ministry conference in Murrieta
- Please pray for Volunteers/Missionaries for Lighthouse Christian Radio Ministry.
- Please pray for the development of the Fellowship of Christian Communicators in Belize.
- Praising the Lord for the encouragement received at this year NRB and for what He is doing through Media Ministry in Belize and worldwide.
- Praising God for His faithfulness and daily provisions!
- chance to walk in rain forest yesterday saw tucans & a monkey
- class started well today with 21 participants
- Jenn is healthy & so am I
- school van in the shop & transportation is challenging. pls pray for its fuel pump to get replaced quickly
- format issues with the training document, lack of finances of the school to buy toner for printer & gas for the car, difficulty getting to copy place are still barriers to duplicating spanish version of notebooks.
- so many staff are in the class it is diffricult for getting chores done that MUST be done (preparing food, milking goats, et) pls pray for their endurance and creativity in sharing the burdens
- logistics for a practice teaching late in the week are still not in place, pls pray for the time, the venue, and the people who we can practice with.
E-WEEK (Morro Bay)
- Salvation of the lost
- Events to come together according to the Lord’s will
- Servants to be full of the joy of the Lord and sensitive to the Spirit
Prayer Updates 3/17/10
The Merrills (London)
- For an awesome and encouraging evening with Jack & Jinell in beautiful Pismo!
- That we aren't overwhelmed any longer! We are just so ready to go!
- For goodbyes (Luke's family), that we would be encouraging, and that people will be more excited for us than sad that we're leaving.
- Pastor Jack & Tonye's trip to London
- A pure and teachable heart as we'll have prep time in Sweden
Landon Rogers (London)
- For my sister Hailey, the delivery, and the wait until then.
- A friend of mine just finally responded to God salvation through Jesus! Pray for his continued sensitivity to God’s work in his life.
- For my nephew Christian, for good health… and that he would come out so I can see him already!
- Praise God for the work He is doing in preparing the lives of the London Team corporately and individually.
- Continued prayer for visas, support, Gods clarity and confirmation for booking flight May 12th?
- Safety and time with friends, family, and tax appt.
- The Lord has asked me to apparently surrender being employed with an income in the UK. This has been something I certainly would not have come up with. It counters my logic
- The salvation of the people of London.
- Really staying aligned, keeping my eyes focused on, and hearing God alone. I dont trust Him enough.
Frankie and Courtney Markovich/Cornerstone Fellowship
- Medical Clinics - that we will be able to meet the needs of everyone that comes.
- Praying for the people in clinics, most will be Hindu but want us to pray, so that God would give us wisdom and the right words to pray
- Children Program - That the kids would feel loved, and the parents wouldn't feel inferior in any way
- Unity within our team, and FLEXIBILITY for God to do the impossible, but not necessarily in how we may envision that.
The Ms (Israel)
- no bronchitis all winter!!!!!
- Thankful for protection-fender bender- hit by a police Bomb squad van.
- Ministry opportunity- more needs revealed of those they are ministering to.
- Two groups they meet with are starting to take on praying for others
- Continued Protection and wisdom for travel(canceled the Bethlehem Sunday service due to riots)
- financial support- to cover living expenses, legal fees and ministry costs
- For the believers and unbelievers that they minister to.
The Pottengers (Kisumu, Kenya)
- Complete healing for Kenya Grace (She feel asleep on me early evening last night which never happens so she is not feeling great but seems to be improving)
- Maureen as she has malaria again and just found out she is pregnant! (We think she is two months along!)
- Maureen's mama as she is very sick and does not know the Lord
- For wisdom as we balance our ministry days and packing for a move
- For new house preparations including getting sketches of our home from the city council to make a door in one room. (This proves to be very challenging here!)
- For all around health for our large household
- For vision for Matt, La, Matt and Stephen for future short term mission trips
- Our dinner with Kiret on our Monday evening
- That God would be glorified in all we do!
The Compeans (Nairobi, Kenya)
- Thank you for praying for us and this work. It is amazing to see and touch al God is doing.
- Please pray for Pastors Murigi and Daniel while they oversee the church as Kelli, Jackson and I head to the coast for a vacation. Please pray God gives them wisdom. Please also thank God for bringing several people back to the church that had drifted away over the last moths. Finally, please pray for families and that people would choose the Bible over culture in their practices.
- for God's love poured out through PT & SCC
- safe travel to Costa Rica & arrival of bags containing teaching materials
- for Jennifer & I to be united as a teaching team & open vessels as ministers of the gospel
- for Jenn's recovery from a cold & me not to catch it!
- for the class: this will be a two week course to certify students of Discipleship school & Environmenal School in the Lifewater hygiene program. Outreach teams will travel to Haiti, Kenya, & Jamaica afterward. pray that we will experience things in class that will give them the practice they need to be prepared for what they experience in the field. Pray for the students to receive God's heart for working with the poor & those in crisis, to strengthen & empower them for the tasks ahead, that they learn to use the participatory tools well. .the students are a mixture of Ticos & Americans, families & single young people, spanish & english speakers. pls. pray for each team to be overcome with love for one another resulting in behavior that will witness without the need for words
- for good translation & interpretation, God to set up the right group to be the "guinea pigs" for our students to practice using the participatory training skills
- for the YWAM base: strengthening of the leaders to finish this term well & increase of finances for the school
Prayer Updates 3/10/10
SENT Prayer 3/10/2010
S P (Thailand)
Sunday, March 14th is the Global Day of Prayer for Burma
1. Refugee camps
- That donations for food supplies and shelter will be sufficient.
- That the Lord will lead each family to the right decision about whether they should opt for resettlement or not.
- That those remaining in the camps may be allowed more freedom of movement.
- That children and youth will have a future.
2. Inside Burma
- That the government will allow more freedom.
- That the soldiers will recognize the ethnic people as friends and family and not the enemy.
- For safety and survival for the hundreds of thousands living in hiding trying to keep out of site of the soldiers.
- That the elections to be held in Burma will bring real change and improvement to the country.
3. Chin in Malaysia and India
- That the Burma government will stop persecuting the Chin driving them to leave their homes.
- That they won’t be subjected to violence, jail or trafficking in Malaysia and India.
- That they can find enough work and food to survive.
4. Karen and Chin being resettled in the US
- That new jobs can be found and old jobs retained.
- For cultural and language adjustment.
- That kids in school can be free from violence.
- That drinking and domestic troubles can be reduced.
- That young people will stay in school and that high school grads can find ways to attend college.
- For training of the leadership in the Karen churches and for the Karen Baptist Churches in USA as it gets established.
The Parks (London)
- We turned in all the paperwork for our sponsor certificate application on Monday night, so hopefully that will go through soon!
- A refreshing time for Trista at Disneyland :)
- We are waiting to hear back from a church that might want to come alongside us in support, please pray that the pastors of that church will wait on the Lord while making that decision and for us to trust the Lord %100 for provision however that is going to look.
- We are taking a trip next Tuesday for our anniversary, so please pray for safety and sweet time for the two of us with the Lord and with one another.
- Please pray that we will continue to follow the Lord one step at a time without rushing ahead of Him.
- for friends & family
- what God does reveal and provide
- for work & finances here and now
- my faith & focus
- the people of London
Meagan Webster (Mexico)
- Praise the Lord for providing a van
- Praise Chuy gave his life to the Lord! Pray for him to grow in his walk and pray for healing, he hurt his knee in the dance class, and therefore is living with us until his knee heals.
- Pray for the comedor
- Pray for the hip hop class
- Pray for God’s continued provision
The Compeans (Nairobi, Kenya)
- Please pray for the security issues in and around our house. In the last weeks there have been several home invasion robberies. Gangs of up to 20 people have invaded local compounds, beaten the guards and in at least two cases killed the guards. As the inflation continues to rise there is more and more of this activity. Now many of the young people in our community are living in fear because the police typically round up suspects and shoot them to end crime waves. Please pray there would be repentance and Jesus would call people to himself through all this.
The Pottengers (Kisumu, Kenya)
- Thank you so much for praying! The Lord has seen us through two challenging days and we have so much to praise Him for. We made it safely to Nairobi and only had to stop twice for Matt.
- We also want to praise God for a great doc appointment and ultrasound
- I also got to meet and encourage a Japanese woman who has lived here in Nairobi for 6 months and was very worried about her ultra sound. After she came out she thanked me and just started bawling. I am praying I get to meet her again.
- We think that we have found renters to take our place so we praise God for this answer to prayer.
Please continue to pray for:
- Matt and complete health
- Strength for each of us as we accomplish all that needs to be done while we are here in Nairobi
- Matt and La as they are currently traveling, also for health, and a fruitful, sweet time here with us
- Sunday meeting place for Church
- Work for Pastor Stephen
- Follow through for the new renters
The Dilworths (The Horn of Africa)
- Our “break” in Kenya went well. It was a nice change of pace, scenery and schedule. It was very nice to spend some time with Cal and Brynne as well. These times are a gift for us as a family. Thanks for praying for this.
- Praise! the whole team is back on site and we’re starting the new semester of teaching. This semester goes through the end of July. In spite of our travel adventures, we have all returned more or less rejuvenated and ready to go again.
- We are SO GRATEFUL for your ongoing prayers
- There are many things to pray for but I’m hard pressed to find a more suitable prayer topic than Jesus… please pray for us, for all, that our “faith may not fail.” Likewise, please continue to pray that God would grant the gift of faith, unfailing and persevering faith, to this people.
- We also ask that you’d pray that we as a team would be able to “strengthen” each other as we work in this place
- Jen, the pregnant gal staying with them, Trusting Jesus more. Provision for medicine. (Thinking she will stay there to have baby)
- JM meeting to disciple new believer, A meeting with Miss "G" (Lets call her Grace)
- For provision and a care package
- For salvation of the unbelievers Mr "E" (Ernie), "B" (Berry) Family, Miss "F" (Frances)
- For Believers, Jen, Miss "Grace", Mr "E" (Ed)
- for health of Mrs Aqleh (Bethlehem),
- for the emotional healing of the new believers, many have come from abusive backgrounds.
- for financial needs, for car, legal fees, ministry
Ludmilla (Rybinsk, Russia)
- For work at us a bad situation with orders for building and repair, I pray to the God that It promoted that our factory had a work. Pray for me.
- Also I pray, that my younger son Dima have arrived in a good class, to good teacher and good children that the God has sent it abilities and desire to study for that he has grown the Christian, capable to serve the Lord!
- for an extra morning swim & turtle sighting on Maui after my red eye flight was cancelled
- for much needed chance to rest for a few days
- surprise chance to attend my nephew's wind ensemble concert
- receipt of very helpful materials for Isaiah study
- for the love of the body of Christ here in MB!
- my sister & her family in relational & health issues--strength, guidance, wise choices
- my wisdom in how to respond to family issues & prioritizing time management this week
- salvation of Victoria, Rob, Judy & Miles
- God prepare Jenn & my hearts for teaching in Costa Rica, students hearts to receive
- God's comfort for the Knowles and Woodring families in their losses
- Stockholm & Egypt plane tickets