Corner of Monterey and Beach Street
Morro Bay, CA 93442
Office Phone :: 805.772.8525
Email :: email@example.com
go to complete contact details »
January 2010 - Ministries
Prayer Updates 01/20/10
Pottenger’s (Kisumu, Kenya)
- We are praising God for His mighty hand on all of us during this time. Peg’s dad is making great progress though some days are harder than others.
- Prayer for our last week here in the States; that we would soak up every minute with family and continue to be a blessing to Peg’s parents. We would also love prayer that we would be emotionally prepared to leave the States and head back to our home in Kenya.
- Please continue to pray for the ministry in Kisumu, our housing situation, and the people of Kisumu.
- Lastly, we would love prayer as the Lord has recently revealed to us the need to change our name from The P3 to The P4. (Now we know why Peg’s body was wearing out.) Glory to God!
- There have been issues with the security company that we had hired for night times and due to several problems we gave permission to the family there to fire the company. They will be using a different company (which they have through the ministry that they serve with) until we get back. It was also told to us that our compound (home) is not very safe/secure, and we were given advice to look for other places to live when we get back. As you could imagine this was difficult to hear (especially being so far from there and looking forward to be back in our home). Pray for wisdom for us, that we would not be led by emotions, circumstances, or others advice, but that we would be truly led by the Lord.
- Sunday has been sick, please pray for his health and his spiritual walk as well.
- Pray for Peter, Pamela & their family, as well as Mike and Karen and their son Paul as they live at our place, that they would feel safe, that God would give them all wisdom and be their source of protection, provision and direction.
- Pray for Peg\'s health as she has been worn down.
- God\'s extreme faithfulness to keep me trusting Him
- How good He is to remind me of my need for Him
- The fact that He is the God of all blessings
- For the planning of Sundays throughout the next four months (which churches to speak /worship with?)
- Ministry here, direction, and focus
- My sister, she is on bed rest for two months (sweet time with Jesus and healthy baby)
The Parks (London)
- Our CARE team meeting was such a blessing!
- We have flyers and magnets to hand out!
- Focus to stay permanently fixed on the Lord.
- Our marriage to strengthen in the Lord.
- For possible meetings with other churches in Santa Rosa.
- Care team members and leaders.
Meagan Webster (Mexico)
- for provision-groceries from "adopted family"
- rain- but they still need much more
- 20% of the court fees will be covered from financial gift
- Teaching volunteers to run sound system
- the completion of the recording project
- for Miss \'F\' and \'B\' family
- Jillenne, recovery from injuries from having purse stolen
- provision for the rest of the court costs
- still feeling the financial squeeze
The Gordons (Nairobi, Kenya)
- Join us in thanking Jesus for His wonderful love and grace and mercy towards us all - Praise be to the Lord for His mercy endures forever!
- We are praising the Lord for the healing of our sister Anne, both spiritually and physically. It is neat to see her still standing strong in Jesus after all she has gone through please remember her in prayer.
- Thank you Lord for taking care of the Chicken projects! With only 4 Hens He has provided numerous eggs and about 16 new chicks – We pray this will be a blessing to the Saints at LWCF and to the Maasai ladies.
- The Masaai ladies had their 2nd harvest of Cabbage and Butter Nut Squash last week!!! Thank you Lord for providing food for these women! Father as You continue teaching them your Word, help them and us to grow more in YOU and be built up in Your Word.
- Pray for health, both physical and spiritual for the Maasai ladies and the Saints at the Church, [with each weather change there are always sickness involved]
- Pray for Elizabeth and Abigail\'s trip to the States on the 23rd of this month. We are thankful that the Lord has approved her Green Card so now the G3 can be together and travel as a family. [smile]
- Pray for Robbie - wisdom, knowledge and discernment as he takes care of the responsibilities here in Kenya.
- Pray also for protection and strength as our family has to be apart during this process.
- Please keep Pastor Chuck and his wife Kay in your prayers as well.
Don & Marta
- Pray for those suffering and for those serving in Haiti, also if we should travel there in the future to help in some way.
- For Marta\'s mom, Luisa, for her health and her need for the Lord\'s strength within the family in Puerto Rico.
- Pray for Bonnie, she knows the Lord but is in pain and chemo therapy and is losing weight.
- Pray for those that are wounded in Jos, Nigeria and for families of those that have been killed. There are many Christians serving in Jos, pray for their safety.
- Pray for the Lord\'s direction for us in 2010. We fly to California on Jan. 31st and are praying about where we will stay and when we will travel to visit family.
Prayer Updates 01/13/10
SENT Prayer Requests
The Garwood’s (Thailand)
For a healthy pregnancy and birth
For Spiritual and Physical protection over E. Burma
For Provision for God’s Work in Thailand & Burma
For the Lord to give wisdom and strength continually to the brethren
The M’s (Isarel)
a new year of ministry opportunity with Jews and Arabs
Miss \'F\' continues in the bible study and chose a Christian to be a care giver for her mother.
Daughter of the \'B\' family wants them to help her study for her High School Bible class
recovery of JM"s Cousin Stephen, Haled, & Bill Pray for complete recovery for all
Financial provision- support has fallen steadily
Health- continued good health
Citizenship, for the funding to come through from the organization that offered to help with $
Wisdom in when to come home to connect with supporters
Rain- they are in a severe drought. and a heat wave
The Pottenger’s (Kisumu, Kenya)
Being with family
For Peg\'s dad his surgery and recovery. Please pray for peace and for Dr. Chu who will be operating
Pastor Stephen in Kisumu to find work
Pamela and her family settling into the new city draw them closer to the LORD
Security company, they would so their job properly. Wisdom as to what to do if they don\'t
Rest as Mama still feels physically tired
Clear communication and time in the Word as a couple
For our supporters as they transition to using Shepherd’s Staff instead of Shoreline CC
Meagan Webster (Mexico)
For Paola, that the Lord will get back a hold of ehr and that we will be able to get in contact with her somehow.
The future of the Casa de Socorro ministry.
My time in Guadalajara, safe travel, willingness to serve, not too much homesickness, etc.
Praise for Missions Night and Jugueton that went great!
Prayer for 2010, that the Lord will continue to guide me and grow me
Prayer for George and I, that God will guide our relationship.
The Holyde’s (London)
For the Mexico trip and what we saw and got to be a part of
for how well SCC is running in our absence
For the countless children and adults who gave their life to Jesus in Juarez
the Transition = we really want to be a blessing to SCC flock and staff while we become less present there.
Logistics = visas and housing and affiliation and such
Support = we need to get on this, but nothing is more abhorrent than this to me. when do we go to other churches, when to we bring this to the flock here...
That I would pastor / lead me family to Jesus in all ways at all times.
Suz and me - that our relationship would prosper in the face of so much change.
Health - all the girls seem to be feeling funky, but especially Chante - who is running a temperature
Please join with me in praying that our Perfect Father would be preparing souls right now- setting up the right housing with the right neighbors, be preparing the team to listen and most importantly for the Salvation of a prodigal country.
Landon Rogers (London)
An incredible missions conference at Murrieta Hot Springs
Great time with my family. They are pretty stinkin\' awesome.
Good fellowship with my Missionary Momma (Nann, the lady who the LORD used to get me started in missions).
His continued provision.
Some logistics accomplished! Check out Landonrogers.com
For Junior. His phone got disconnected (I can\'t reach him now). He is in God\'s hands.
For me to be able to surrender all things (like Junior) into the hands that already hold them.
For the ability to understand and apply what it means to seek God with my whole heart.
For Brenden & Allen to have the right roommate move in with them and point them to Jesus.
The Merrill’s (London)
Praise: We just came back from 5 weeks in Europe and we\'re thankful for safe travels, a fruitful time in England and wonderful time with Frida\'s family.
Prayer: Good time management and help to be able to have right priorities.
Prayer: Frida is here on a Tourist Visa and is looking for meaningful volunteer work for this next few months. Have been thinking about learning coffee shop skills to prepare for possibly opening a coffee shop when we are in London.
STAY Prayer Requests
praise my sinus congestion much better after a couple of salt water swims!
the beauty and welcome of whales my first morning: a mom & calf and escort very close to shore plus two others not far off!!!
praise praise praise! it\'s a long story, but it looked like there was\'t money to send us to Oahu to see Mike and attend doctor conference with the family, and this morning the Lord suprised us with twice as much needed for our trip and I just bought our tickets.
Mike & Mary\'s conference call tuesday 9 AM with doctors, social worker & immediate family: for reality of situation to be clear (no denial) and for family to be on the same page with decisions, God\'s will & solutions accomplished. and of course our desire for miraculous healing of his cancer, at least that he regain enough strength to be transported to Maui; salvation of his daughter
for me to be able to fully minister here as Lord leads and at the same time not neglect computer projects and things I need to get done
for opportunities to visit my supporters & for renewal & strengthening of our relationships
that God be glorified in whatever way he seems fit through my time on Maui
SENT Prayer Updates 01/06/10
Operation Nicodemus (Israel)
Praise the Lord for new ministry opportunity- This week JM and I successfully connected with all of the new contacts, passed on to us from Jews for Jesus' ministry. Another ministry opportunity is coming up next week, A was invited to participate in a fellowship with new Arab and Jewish believers. She will be meeting many ladies there who are in need of one on one discipleship.
Praise the Lord for the body of believers in Israel- This week we visited another congregation that has been meeting here in Jerusalem since 1991. We were blessed to hear the solid expository message that was delivered by their pastor. We also met several old acquaintances (from our Hebrew classes) who have been attending there regularly.
Praise the Lord for new projects in the new year- This week our Congregation Shemen Sasson will be beginning the studio recording for their worship music project. The live recording project was completed a few months ago, but the editing and in-studio portion of the project was put on hold while our worship team leader was on maternity leave. Please be praying for the successful and quick completion of this project.
Outreach- Please pray for the salvation of the unbelieving Jewish contacts we are developing: those we received from Jews for Jesus' ministry, the "B" family, and Miss"F" who has been attending our Isaiah study. Please pray for A to successfully develop discipleship contacts during the Arab/Jewish fellowship event next week.
Health- Please continue praying for our friend Bill and his wife Kendra. Bill's lung condition is improving slowly, and they plan to return to Israel in February. Please keep up the prayer for Haled, the young man in our congregation who is being treated for cancer and just had surgery. He has already made a rapid recovery, and is rejoicing that he only has a few chemotherapy treatments left. Please continue praying for JMl's cousin Steve and198 his family as he is being treated for lung cancer. Steve is also making a miraculous recovery and is growing spiritually. Please pray for our continued resistance to colds and flu.
Stewardship- Please continue praying for us to be faithful and effective stewards of both our finances and our time. We are working on organizing our schedule more efficiently this new year. So please pray for the Lord to guide us in our planning and scheduling of new projects and continuing ministry duties. Our next big financial need we will have, is to start saving for another trip home, early next year (we hope!)
Citizenship- Please pray for A's attorney (Mike) as he is working on our case. We've also been told that one organization is currently considering the partial funding of our court case, although we haven't received a decision from them yet. Please pray for the Lord's will to be accomplished and for His provision for legal fees.
A friend in need- Please pray for our friend "S" who has been ministering here in Israel for several years. He recently became embroiled in legal problems and had a confrontation with an anti missionary organization. It is reported that he has denied his faith. This was a shock and has grieved our hearts, but it has not been entirely confirmed. Please pray for the Lord to keep and protect him spiritually, and that he would be able to redeem his testimony here. We know the Lord is "able to make him stand".
Pray for time in the states
Pray for her dad’s health – he was just released from the hospital after having a bacteria infection
Praise God they were able to help out a needy family as well as give them all Bibles.
Praise God, Smiley is doing well. He recently went to Ukraine on a short ministry trip. Pray for the saints there.
We desperately need your prayers for a major co-worker with LWB. He is having visa issues and was not allowed re-enter Israel. Of course his belongings are in Jerusalem and his heart and work are there also. The LORD is able to open or shut any door HE pleases, but we ask for your prayers that the Lord will open the door for a brother to re-enter Israel and continue the work.
Mark Piester (Russia)
Pray for the children who took part in the Christmas celebrations in the cities of Urozhainaya, Rybinsk and Orel. Pray that through these special programs they will come to underâ stand and know Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
Pray â for “Brother V’s” and other believers safety and protection. Praise for God’s proâ vision in providing finances to help Brother V.
Pray for the special winter relief food distribution in Rybinsk and the planning for the second part of the aid which will be delivered in March and April.
A heartfelt thank you for your ongoing support and prayers which give me the opportunity to serve God and the Russian people. Praise to the Lord for his ongoing work of changing and redeeming lives of children, young adults and people for eternity God is at work through your prayers and financial support.
Pray for adjust back to Morro Bay
God leading for the future
The Pottenger’s (Kisumu, Kenya)
Spending time with family (both sides) for Christmas
Good health for the Holidays
Travel for the wedding that Matt will be officiating
Tired and in need of getting alone time
Homesick for Kenya (this could be under praises too)
Pray for visa’s/ work
Pray for development of care teams
Pray for unity as a team
Pray that they would all keep their eyes on Jesus and follow His leading
Time in Maui with church family and Mike & Mary