Corner of Monterey and Beach Street
Morro Bay, CA 93442
Office Phone :: 805.772.8525
Email :: firstname.lastname@example.org
go to complete contact details »
October 2010 - Blogs
Pray for Missionaries 10/27/10
Lauren Shibata (London)
- We're having sunday service in our home again - Praise!
- Pray that is goes well and that people are blessed! Pray that people who are still deciding to come - do come!
- Praise! Cody and Grace arrived safely and they are a blessing - as always! =)
- Prayer/Praise, My back is almost 100% better!
- I could use some prayer that a small cold that I have goes away before my mom gets here!
- That my mom has a safe flight out here and that while she is here she is blessed and draws closer to the Lord
- Prayer that God goes before us as we post up posters for our bible studies. Directs us where to go, that it is effective, etc
- Prayer that He continues to show us what He wants us to be doing - how He wants studies, events, plans to be looking etc.
Mark Piester (Russia)
- We (Mark, Wes, and Vickey) would appreciate your prayers for travel safety and for the time of ministry during the trip
- Pray for Vicky as she had back surgery last week. Pray for her speedy recovery
- Pray for our time of ministry with the local churches – that we would be an encouragement to the body of Christ in Moscow, Vladimir and Rybinsk
- Pray for the upcoming December project for the funds needed to purchase Christmas gifts for Russian children
- Pray for the children who we are planning to invite to the Christmas celebrations in Rybinsk, Orel and Urozhainaya
Pottengers (Kisumu, Kenya)
- For our endurance and perseverance for the Pottengers
- KG as she is still having tummy issues and JJ as she just got shots and may have some reflux issues
- Pastor Stephen and family for health and wisdom
- Potential leaders at CCL and for time and wisdom of how to invest in them
- Our travels back home on Fri. The 7 and a half hour journey with a six week old was challenging
Please pray for:
- Direction- Our congregation is going through some major changes; the senior pastor has retired and the remaining leadership is moving towards a cell group structure. We felt a mid-week outreach service would compliment that new direction and we have already met with some of the leadership to discuss this. So far the response has been positive, and we are waiting on the final go ahead from them.
- Finances- We're still struggling with our finances but continue working hard to improve our situation. Please pray that we will be sensitive to the Lord's leading in every aspect of handling finances. Our faith is really being stretched, since we really have no idea how support will look next month. But we are encouraged by your prayers and by knowing that where the Lord calls, He always provides.
- Outreach- Please continue to pray for the spiritual growth of those we are discipling: Miss "S" ,Miss "G" and Jen. Please pray also for salvation for the unbelievers we have ministry to: Miss "F" who is diligently studying the Bible, but says she is " still waiting for the gift of faith", Miss "T" who is still in the army and experiencing the growing pains of becoming an adult, Miss "L" who struggles with emotional issues and seems somewhat withdrawn at this stage and and for Mr "Y" who is open, and is surrounded with believers at his work site. Please continue to pray for new opportunities to reach unbelievers here with the gospel.
- Health- Please pray for continued good health and resistance as another flu season is approaching. Abra is currently fighting a sinus infection and is low on energy.
- Citizenship- Please continue to pray over our Supreme Court case for A's citizenship. A needs to get a specific document from her Mom, to support the case. It's a sensitive situation and is taking some time. Please pray for the Lord's will to be accomplished here.
- Our friend R has passed all of his exams and has graduated after six years of pharmaceutical studies. In another month or so he will return to Bethlehem to begin working as a pharmacist, benefiting the community here.
- We asked you to pray for Miss "G" last week, who has just entered the army.- she is doing great! She has met one believer in boot camp, and asks for prayer that she will have at least one believer in her medic training unit.
- We spoke with Jennifer again this week and got a more complete update-she and her baby Katie are healthy and doing well, and are still part of a secular program for mom's in recovery from substance abuse. Jen asks for prayer that her faith will remain strong, and that she will be able to have contact with believers who can encourage her. Regrettably, she has started smoking cigarettes again and needs prayer so she can quit, even while still in an environment full of smokers. She thanks each of you for your prayers.
Sharon P (Thailand/Burma)
- Still Urgent! The Burmese government has announced that their "election" will be November 7th, 2010. In their last election, the winners were never been given power, only arrested. The plan of the Burmese government is still to terminate the Karen and other ethnic groups in Burma before this "election", - they continue to attack, torture, rape and destroy villages and lives! There was another attack in the south this week - five Burmese troops burned down one village - now 100 Karen are in hiding with no homes to return to. Excerpts from the report..."On October 17, 2010, Burma army from LIB 560...with 30 troops enter Klawkethta...IDPs hiding site and burned down two houses at Lenya Kee area... Tenasserim division...Since 14 October, 2010, Burma army from LIB 560,358,432,559,585... under control of MOC 8 with total strength of over 200 troops launched the operation to Lenya Kee area where the IDPs are. IDPs... are fleeing to the near jungle. There are 70 families and 350 IDPs in this area." Please continue to pray for God's justice & mercy, and safety for all those oppressed in Burma. and for the Lord to turn the enemy back in a miraculous way - that all will see His hand of protection & He will get all of the glory! Thank you!
- Please continue to pray for my friend Dorothy (her husband, Marv, is with the Lord now - from cancer), L's family (I just received the news that she is also now with Jesus from cancer), and Debbie, who continues to struggle with cancer & needs God's wisdom on His will regarding her recommended treatments - may all know the Lord's love for them, His presence with them, and His comfort!! All are called missionaries in Thailand.
- For "qualified" individuals to come and teach at the YEP school - to teach how the Karen be victorious in their individual lives and for their country according to God's wisdom, will & way! You have received a separate email regarding information on this - please pray if the Lord would have you come - thank you!
- Please pray for Phupa, our little girl at the Family Home. This is an excerpt from the supervisor's email "Last week Phupa's leg was broken by the caregiver.She was at the KRCH hospital 9 days and now she is at home. She is better a little bit. She has the plaster on her leg. She has to be with the plaster at least 2 months. Please pray for her and other children. Now I do try to find the new caregiver. I don't know what will happen." Please pray for a loving new caregiver - they are very difficult to find for handicapped children!!
- The Children's Home in Ban Don Yang refugee camp has lost its support due to the economical situation in the USA - please pray for the Lord's provision for them to be able to stay in the camp to get an education, since they cannot while hiding in their IDP places in the jungle. Please pray for their future - thank you!
- Please pray for the Lord to provide continuous visas to be able to stay & minister in Thailand for Jeanenne and Gordon. The best prayer answer would be for an organization to write a letter for them so they can stay. Thank you for your prayers for them!
- The rain has been unrelenting and lots of flooding this year, which has made trekking through the jungle to send emails unrealistic! However, the Bible and English classes have continued and finalized for the first month. The students had their English drama exam & all did well - it was so much fun to watch them practice & succeed!
- Two of my granddaughters in the USA have survived health situations! Kelsey had her gallbladder removed & Jackie (Trevor's wife) had pregnancy complications and was put on bedrest, but is fine now - thank You, Lord!
- I thank the Lord for the time He has gave Jeanenne and me to visit the children at the Family Home, and the children at the Children's Home at Paw Lu Lu & Nandoe's! It was such a blessing to be able to see everyone and spend time with them again! Praise the Lord for the miraculous health of Pop & Chana Pine, who have HIV positive! The doctor told Do Do, the Family Home supervisor, that there would be no reason to give them medication - it was hopeless. Do Do told the doctor to give her the medication & she administered it herself - now the boys are thriving & the doctor is amazed - but God!
- Thank you all at Calvary Chapel St. George who support the Family Home so these children can learn about Jesus love for them, and for donating a guitar for the medical students for worship - all are so thankful!
- The Lord provided an opportunity to meet a family that survived the Nargis storm in Burma! They could not continue to survive in their village after the storm, due to lack of food, housing, etc., so they made their way in the dark for one week & safely arrived in the refugee camp. Thank You, Lord, for their protection!
- opportunity to share twice yesterday: at a home church as well as evening group. thx 4 praying!
- just had lunch with old park ranger buddy visiting from Guam. hadn't seen each other for 12 yrs. another ranger flies in from Utah wed. and we will have amini reunion saturday! couldn't have been better if we'd planned it!
- God's provision for me here is amazing. am still driving a car, was fed BBQ steak dinner last nite, etc etc. i'm grateful for generosity of His saints.
- salvation of George, a homeless guy staying temporarily with a friend and came to my slideshow last night
- a couple belonging to home church I spoke at yesterday in a marriage crisis; pray God soften hearts, draw them close, restore their union
- Mike's daughters: both are struggling, Jennie recovering from stress of baby Amarah's hospitalization last week (baby is doing well!), Christina moving out to her own place because of issues with sister. both are in need of a mentor/discipler
- my energy level is still very very very low. waiting blood test results.
- timing & logsitics of my return to CA
Prayer Updates 10/20/2010
Missions Prayer Updates 10/13/2010
Lauren Shibata (London)
- Cont' direction on the church building
- Cont' prayer for my back - its getting better praise! I have a Dr appt this friday! It's getting back to normal.
- That I draw closer to the Lord continually.
- I would love and be blessed by more "alone" time. Its sometimes hard to come by in a full house. - understandably =)
- We are having another service on Sunday in our home!
- All the people visiting have been a blessing!
- God has been blessing the outreach and bringing more people who want to go out.
- Meeting more people in the market stalls and following up with them.
- for our First Sunday church service at the Team House was on October 3rd. This was for all people who wanted to attend. We had about 22 including team members.
- Prayer for the Lords leading for when we would start the other Public Bible Study at the Yum Chaa Tea House in Soho and the details for what this looks like.
- With Gods leading with the Camden Market Stalls there is potentially a great space for us to rent available. This space could serve a few purposes. It could likely hold more than fifty people for church service, also could be used as a small office space, and is legal to do some retail. There is a bar above this Stall and therefore it is potentially a great headquarters to be available to share the Lord.
Pottengers (Kisumu, Kenya)
- Auntie La being here for 3 weeks blessing our socks off each day
- Healthy girls this week and baby weighing 11 lbs (smile!)
- Baby Peggy being born to Pastor Stephen and Maureen and that they are all healthy
- Great transitions Sunday in Children’s ministry and for willing, committed servants
- A woman who has recently given her life to the Lord and desires to live godly
- P4 health (Peg has shingles, Matt has a throat infection and viral eye infection effecting both eyes)
- Protection over baby from the “chickenpox virus” that comes from the shingles
- Pastor Stephen, Maureen, John Mark and Baby Peggy as they adjust to a family of 4 and for all the details of having a new born
- Wisdom for the planning of the discipleship program
- For saints of CCL to continue to grow in God’s Word and reach out to their communities
Praise the Lord for a new season-
- We are entering a time of transitions in several areas. We are seeing some changes in the Bethlehem house church. A new friend has been invited by SALAM ministry to participate, and we are meeting this week to discuss our common vision for the future of this ministry, as well as related practical matters.
- Additionally, there have been some major changes in the leadership at our congregation Shemen Sasson. The Senior Pastor has just retired, leaving a board in charge. The current leadership has made the decision to cut back on weekly services and instead, have cell groups every other week. We will be meeting with the leadership to discuss how we can fit this in with our ministry vision and the extent of our continued involvement with the congregation. Please pray for wisdom, discernment and guidance from the Lord in decision making. We are looking to Him for direction, and praying about the possibility of working more independently from Shemen Sasson.
Praise the Lord for new ministry opportunity-
- Please continue in prayer for Miss "S", a young believer who is seeking the Lord's direction in the area of her studies. Understanding and discerning God's will is an area I have been discipling her in for a while now. Please pray that she will have a clear direction from the Lord before her exam deadlines, at the end of this month.
- Please pray for Miss G and Miss T. Both are currently in the Army, but will be spending time with us when they are on leave.
- Please pray for Miss L, a seeker who chats with me on-line, but is reticent to meet in person. Please pray that she will be drawn to Yeshua by His love and grace and that the Lord will provide further opportunities to share with her.
Praise the Lord for His Provision-
- The Lord continues to provide for our needs day by day. We had a good response to our support raising efforts and we are looking forward to sharing our ministry adventures with about 100 new prayer supporters.
Prayer- Please pray over the following requests:
- Outreach- Please continue to pray for the salvation of the unbelieving contacts we are currently developing: Miss "T", the "B" family, Miss "F" Miss "L" and for the growth of believers we're discipling. Pray that we will be able to successfully increase our reach into the unbelieving community.
- Citizenship- Abra has met with her attorney and we continue battling the ministry of the interior in the supreme court. We need to present some new documents to the court, and build the strongest case possible. Please pray for Abra's lawyer to have wisdom and discernment and for us to have peace and maintain a positive attitude. Please continue to pray for the Lord's intervention to hasten and complete this process.
- Health and healing - Praise the Lord for good health! Neither of us experienced serious health issues during our trip- so thanks for praying. Please continue to hold us up in this area as flu season is approaching.
- Finances- Please continue to pray for the Lord's blessing on John Michael's new company as he continues the work for his first client. We hope this will develop into a work that blesses other ministries in Israel and helps provide additional income for us. Please continue to pray for wisdom and for the Lord's continued guidance and provision in the area of our finances.
George & Megean (Mexico)
- Please be praying for George and Meagan as they are returning to Ensenada. They are asking for prayer about which place that the Lord desires for which place is right for them to rent. They would like to be in Ensenada by the end of this month.
- George is also looking for a job when they go down.
Mark Piester (Russia)
- Praise for the lives God has changed through the ministry to children through the summer camps.
- Pray for Brother V, for the funds needed to attend the Bible Training School in January.
- Pray for Ludmila Samikova and her family.
- Continue to pray for the children who attended the three camps this summer. Pray for the 23 children who repented at the two camps in Urozhainaya, that their lives will bear much fruit.
- Pray for the financial need to complete the house renovation.
- Pray the planning of the upcoming Christmas Gift Project to children at risk in the cities of Rybinsk, Orel an Urozhainaya.
- A heartfelt thank you for your ongoing support and prayers which give me the opportunity to serve God and the Russian people. Praise to the Lord for his ongoing work of changing and redeeming lives of children, young adults and people for eternity - God is at work through your prayers and financial support.
Carolyn Gardella (El Salvador)
- For student leaders as they are starting to mentor others.
- For the strategic planning process. We will be meeting in October with student leaders to plan this next year.
- Open doors on campus 2.
- That God will raise up more men to lead on campus.
- Many students are extremely busy. Please pray that they would have time to meet.
Paul & Dar (NY)
- for a time of recharge with the College & Career gang and for a much needed visit with friends Carl and Jackie from North Carolina and sisters and nieces from California!
- for an awesome trip with Pastor Jeff Mohl and his wife Rachel and kids to Bible Baptist Church in W.V. and Occoquan Bible Church in VA! It is exciting to visit the groups that visit us! To see where they live, worship and minister is awesome!
- for refreshment in Christ for several retreat groups coming to CBF this month; for the fall Camp Joy Teen retreat; and for Paul & Dar to host well!
- Also, for a little more time with our kids and grandkids as weekends tend to be our busiest at this time of year.
- AND most of all, please keep our Matt and Juliet in prayer as they await the birth of their little girl in early November! Also! Dave and Jenn are expecting their third little one at the end of March and would love prayers for Jenn’s energies to match that of Logan and Lily’s! We are blessed!
- praise & gratitude for the love I experience through the body of Christ
- that I can be a blessing to my church and others while I am here.
- for God to direct the filling of my calendar the next three weeks on Maui; balance between relationship, task, ministry opportunity.
- my step mother is coming to Maui for 8 days arriving friday, and I will spend a couple of those days with her (her birthday!). pls pray God to tear down her walls against Christ.
- pray God empower me by the blood of the lamb so the words of my testimony will have impact on lives of others, esp. another women's group i will share with.
New Testament Bible Questions!!!!
Did you know we have an awesome Bible resource? We have written Bible study questions for every chapter of the New Testament! The purpose of these questions is to guide in observation of the basic information of the Scripture, with application questions at the end. These are useful for personal study, small groups, or any time the Bible is being studied.
These questions can be found and downloaded here.
Please feel free to download, copy, and disperse these to wherever they are an aid in studying the Bible!
God bless you!