Corner of Monterey and Beach Street
Morro Bay, CA 93442
Office Phone :: 805.772.8525
Email :: email@example.com
go to complete contact details »
September 2010 - Blogs
Prayer Updates 9/29/2010
- location for Sunday morning service. This Sunday we have invited people who attend the Wed. pm Bible study to our house for Sunday am church.
- Many visitors coming in Oct - Nov. - grace in abundance!
- Village Chapel Lompoc is planning to send a team in April - for wisdom and guidance in arranging their time here.
- Continued diligence with school work, balancing that with all the amazing opportunities for other activities here.
- Financial provision.
- Great couple time in Rome and a blessed time with the Calvary Chapel in Latina, Italy where PT got to share the Sunday message.
- Our girls did well while we were gone, but were excited to see us when we returned - the best of both worlds.
- For God's continued faithfulness and provision.
- The girls had a sleepover last night which gave them some social time with friends.
Lauren Shibata (London)
- Please pray for God to lead us to “where” we should have Sunday church services. We’re thinking that might start soon. Right now it’s probably going to be once a month in our home.
- Pray that people we’ve been reaching out to are reminded of and come to Wed night bible study.
- I hurt my back somehow… prayer for healing would be sooo awesome! As well as signing up for the national health ins. (I can turn in my application when I get a second proof of address – im hoping a Shepherd’s Staff letter that is coming in the mail soon will count)
- Pray that our eyes are opened to what effective outreach looks like here.
- God is so good! This week God has been showing me that He knows what I need and when I will need it and because of this I can rest in Him. Right as I notice there is a need (and sometimes I can probably even classify it as less than a need at the time – its more so a thought like, “this would be a good thing”) the next thing I realize is that He has totally blesses me/us and provides! There is no work involved – God just orchestrates things in His timing. He’s been opening my eyes to “the need” so I’m fully aware that He is the one providing and then I just get to praise Him for His provision! For example these are just some things that I’ve seen this past week - developing more of a unity in the group, giving us all a desire and momentum to start a Sun service “now” (probably at our house this Sunday), more people who want to do outreach, more fellowship with other believers, outreach before Wed night bible study being effective, more times of worship and praising our King, sweet times of prayer together, providing logistically and financially for our home and the taxes on it. It’s definitely the Holy Spirit moving us in the same direction, which is such a cool thing to see. Praise God!
Landon Rogers (London)
Please pray and thank Jesus for:
- The guys I'm getting to hang out with and get in the word. Pray that God creates a greater heart of humility in one of them and me as we talk about some recent junk in his life.
- The unofficial first home Sunday morning service this Sunday. Pray that it is a blessing and that the Lord gives clarity as we see the potential of starting Sundays consistently.
- The Lord to take and use my time for His glory... every last second. To run hard and, keep my eyes on Him, and soak up His word.
- Amon, the Muslim streetsweeper. Pray He see the confidence found in salvation through Jesus.
Pottengers (Kisumu, Kenya)
- That Auntie La is visiting and helping
- The people at CCL that are really feeling like it is 'their' church.
- Maureen, Pastor Stephen's wife, her pregnancy, she has been ill.
- Pastor Stephen- his protection as his tentmaking (motorcycle taxi) takes him to the busy streets
- Peg- nursing baby JJ and her (JJ) belly button infection. Patience, energy, wisdom
- Wisdom for Matt & PS for the next season of the church...growing up leaders
- children's ministry
- Pray for adjustment back to life in Israel
George & Meagan (Mexico)
- Pray for adjusting to married life
- Pray for a place to live in Ensenada and direction in how the Lord would want to use them there
Haiti Scouting Trip
- Pray that the Lord would speak through the Pastors that are going on the trip – that the lost would be saved and the believers would be encouraged
- Pray for the Lord to direct and show us what our involvement in Haiti should be
Prayer Requests - "Be strong and of good courage, do not fear or be afraid of them; for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you." Deuteronomy 31:6
- Still Urgent! The plan of the Burmese government is still to terminate the Karen and other ethnic groups in Burma before their 2010 "election", which they have now announced will be in November, while they continue to attack and destroy villages and lives! Christian persecution is increasing! It was just announced on the radio that the Burmese have attacked & killed many Chin Christians and have taken over one of their churches and turned it into military barracks! Please continue to pray for God's justice & mercy, and safety for all those oppressed in Burma. Also, for the Lord to turn the enemy back in a miraculous way - that all will see His hand of protection & He will get all of the glory! Thank you!
- Please pray for good health for all of the YEP staff & students. When we had the school opening ceremony on Sept. 6th, the leader, Kwe Htoo, was in a cast for a broken ankle, two of the staff were sick with PF (cerebral) malaria, and two in a nearby village hospital with other diseases. There are now two students sick - one with weakness & dizziness, the other with one kind of meningitis. Please pray for no more malaria & for Kwe Htoo's ankle to heal completely so he can come back
- Please pray for Marv and Dorothy - they knew he had cancer before moving to Thailand to serve the Lord and have given their lives to serve Him through the Karen in the north. The cancer is spreading and making Marv very uncomfortable. Please pray for Marv to know the Lord's peace and for his bodily functions to function normally so he will be more comfortable and able to sit up. We praise the Lord that they're now back from the hospital in Bangkok and home where they want to be!
- Please pray for my friend Debbie, with an aggressive type of cancer. She's in her 40's and they are recommending 17 injections at $3,000 each. She's asking prayer for peace, joy & God's wisdom in this decision! Also, please pray for the four Karen patients at McKean Rehabilitation Hospital. FBR sent the three guys - Ban Nee had a tumor over his eye, has had surgery & looks great - PTL!
- Pray for all of the McKean patients!
Praise Reports - "Is My hand shortened at all that it cannot redeem? Or have I no power to deliver?" Isaiah 50:2
- The FBR (Free Burma Rangers) teams and staff were able to graduate in praise because of God's protection when they went on a "field trip"!
- YEP school was able to open with 19 students even before the school building was finished!
- Able to attend the CC Asia Conference in Hong Kong with Pastor Louie & Cheryl (CC Norco), and Susan Staples (CC in Arizona)
- Returning to Pa La U and celebrating De Sunshine's birthday with him! He has no idea when his physical birthday is, so he spent the time thanking the Lord for his spiritual family and celebrated on the date that he received the Lord about 20 years ago!
Missions Prayer Update 9/22/10
Pottengers (Kisumu, Kenya)
- They are back in Kisumu!
- For all those in Narobi who loved them in such practical ways!
- For all the wonderful ways the LORD is working in CCL
- For Auntie La as she is visiting from California, adjustment, and her missing luggage
- For The P4 as they adjust, KG patience and gentleness, JJ for her jaundice to go away
- For Pastor Stephen as he starts his 'tentmaking',
- For the leadership of CCL, wisdom and leading of the Holy Spirit
- Healing from the little tumble that Trista had while running
- Please keep in prayer the men's study at the drug rehab place in South London that starts this Thursday. Pastor Tonye will be leading a study through Mark so pray that as he prepares, the Lord will just guide and direct his message. Also pray for the hearts of those there who might not know Jesus yet that they will be softened to the gospel.
Lauren Shibata (London)
- Devos are better (praise), but still want to get "more" out of them! =)
- Trying to open a charity bank act for the church... (no one at the banks seems to know how to do that...)
- Direction on how to best serve/bless the other people in the house/on the team.
- God's eyes, heart, hands for evangelism - how to connect with people individually - learn more about their culture
- cont' direction for Soho bible study
- Broken heart for people around here
- PT/Suzanne safe travels back here
- Chante/Ruthie do well while parents are gone
- God is so good!
- Got to skype with Care team! - they are awesome!
- The lady who wanted to visit us here (met her at Spirit West Coast) has been a blessing. Fellowship has been good.
- Got a cell phone!
- Got the home answering machine to work! =)
- Praise God for blessing Landon with family and some guy friends to invest in
- Wisdom with how to share my God and life with Shawdon and TJ for the time God gives me with them.
- The U-Turn bible study starting up on Thursday. I know it's kinda God's baby, but I feel I've been given it to carry. However, pray that GOD's Spirit goes before us, prepares hearts, gives us words and actions, and that our God brings to life His delight there.
- An increase in love for our God and people as He teaches me more about His heart through His word. Couple that along with the persistent desire to respond to His word.
- My parents and Rachel are going to come out in mid-October. Pray for God's Spirit to overshadow us all and for our God (who know better than us) to plan the trip and what ministry He wants to do through and to us in their visit.
We're so thankful for:
- We've just been encouraged and excited this week.
- We've both had some conversations/invitations with people from work
- A day at home to just catch up on things, relax, and listen to the rain.
- God's promises like "He shall run and not grow weary..." Jeremiah 40:31
- A great meeting on Saturday with other Camden Church leaders... our extended family :)
Please pray for:
- Those we work with to want to know more about Jesus... to crave something more in life!
- That we would be faithful how we share Jesus
- For a place to begin Sunday services
- That our quiet time with our God would be richer each day!
Erika Bennett (Scotland)
- For continued strength...some days will start at 7 and not end until 2 or 3 am. Lord, be my strength!!
- For continued open conversations: with the CU students as well as the unbelievers around here
- Amy: she has a beautiful ability to administrate this event and her heart is submitted to the Lords. I ask for you all to pray for supernatural strength for her, for flexibility when plans change, and that she would continually have fruitful personal time with the Lord through this busy week.
- Andy: He is the CU director, of sorts. Each CU (a part of the UCCF (University and College Christian Fellowship) Club has a placed person kind of designed to help out the CU and give direction, discipleship and encouragement as needed. He just arrived 4 weeks ago and is still getting to know the people here. Pray that he would continue to be submitted to the Lord's leading as he is commited to 3-5 years here.
- Nathan: a kid who is in his first year here. He heard the gospel yesterday and was rather open to letting the Lord give him understanding. Please pray that it goes from his head to his heart.
- Mauricio: the German student from above. Pray that the Lord gives him new eyes to see the Gospel in a new way, other than the "same old thing" he's heard his whole life. Pray that he desires to change.
- All encompassing: Just continue to praise the Lord for all His work here. Continue to praise Him for how He is using each of us!!!
- My back is feeling better...thank you!!!
Carolyn Gardella (El Salvador)
- Please pray for my team’s transition and adjustment to life here in El Salvador.
- Wisdom in coming alongside student leaders.
- Guidance with how to most efficiently use our time now that we have a presence on 2 campuses.
- Our developing friendships with the Salvadorian Staff and team unity.
- empty seat next to me on the flight over so I was able to rest
- Linda's neck pain was reduced enough for her to attend the whole seminar
- my friends Jeri & Elizabeth came to the last night of the seminar
- attended a half day Leadership Summit that our church hosted for area church leaders, with Ricky Ryan as key speaker. it was very encouraging and great to be there at the first one ever watching God bring the body together
- for Maui church leaders to build stronger relationships with each other and within their churches
- for God to be glorified at my church's 30th anniversary celebration this sunday
- for Jeri to absorb the message of the conference and be fully healed & restored to a joyous relationship with Jesus & the church after a devastating divorce
- for Elizabeth not to settle comfortably into her current spiritual beliefs and be free to receive a deeper revelation of Jesus
- for timing, logsitics, scheduling of my schedule while I am here
- that I remain focused and ruthless with getting rid of storage stuff
- that I walk daily in the revelation of Christ in me, the hope of glory
Sweeneys (Camp Hope, NY)
- Praise: for the encouragement we get from working alongside other believers who desire to bless others in Jesus’ name.
- Prayer Request: for travel mercies as we head down to W.V. at the end of the month with Pastor Jeff and his family. We will visit with a church that comes to CBF regularly to serve. Jeff and Paul with give a presentation on the ministry here at CBF and in the city.
Bible College classes are starting again!!!
I'm stoked to announce the Fall 2010 Shoreline Bible College classes!
Classes are as follows:
- Inductive Bible Study on Sundays at 12:30-2:30 PM
- Genesis on Sundays at 3:30-6:30 PM
- Biblical Leadership on Thursdays at 6-9 PM
We are really looking forward to diving into the Word of God with you! Come check it out!!
Prayer Updates 9/8/10
The Pottengers (Kisumu, Kenya)
- Praise the Lord baby Joelle is here. She came into the world at 8:13 am Kenya time, she is 8'11." She is healthy and doing well. Peg is doing well also.
Meagan Webster (Mexico)
- Pray for the wedding this Friday!!
- Pray for George & Meagan’s marriage that it would be used by the Lord
The Ms (Israel)
- Pray for the Ms time on the Central Coast
- Someone from the U.S. paid an entire year for Pastor Antonye’s Radio teaching to be on Calvary Chapel Radio here in London. www.calvarychapelradio.co.uk
- Please continue in prayer that we would locate in Gods best timing the place that He will have us start our Sunday morning church services.
- John 3:30 covers a lot of ground - That He must increase, but I must decrease.
The Merrills (London)
We're so thankful for...
- Health! I just want to remember when we're not sick, to be so thankful for good health!
- Great time catching up with friends on Skype this week
- A greater love and stronger connection to both the people of Camden and the other ministries in this area
- God is drawing our hearts toward Himself
Please join us in prayer for...
- A greater love and commitment to Christ each day!
- Guts to do what we feel God would lead us to do... conversations... deeds... stepping out.
- Clarity in daily decisions and the ability to keep things in perspective.
Mark Piester (Russia)
- Continue to pray for the children who attended the three camps this summer. Pray that the Bible lessons will continue to form a firm foundation of faith.
- Pray for Nikolai and his fiancé as they plan their wedding this Fall.
- Pray for Ludmila and her two sons, Mark and Dima, that God will provide for all her needs.
- Pray for our Russian brothers and sisters living in Rybinsk, Vladimir and Moscow regions who have endured the hot weather and smoke from the fires.
- Pray for the needs of the children who at- tended camp and their families.
- A heartfelt thank you for your ongoing support and prayers which give me the opportunity to serve God and the Russian people. Praise to the Lord for his ongoing work of changing and redeeming lives of children, young adults and people for eternity - God is at work through your prayers and financial support.
- for returning to a room that had clothes in the closet and books on the shelf rather than a stack of boxes in the middle of the floor. thank you thank you, to all the moving angels, you are a blessing!
- My Pastor Curt has regained 20 lbs since his hospital stay and no return of headaches. He is done with radiation treatments and will continue to do a 5 day chemo treatment each month, a typical protocol for his type of brain cancer.
- for Linda debilitated by severe neck pain, who is responsible for the Michael Wells seminar on Maui Thurs-Sun this week. tasks have been successfully delegated to others but she would dearly love to be well enough at least to attend. she's wanted this seminar to come for 10 yrs!
- that Jesus use the death of my sister's horse this week to draw her closer to a living faith in him
- for God to empower me & use me however He wants in Hawaii; that I am faithful with the administrative things that need to be done while I'm there and for logistics, I don't have a car to drive or place to stay for the entire time yet.
- for Peter, God's servant I met with in WA who has terminal cancer, that he remain here for all the days God has ordained for him and that he have the strength and assistance he needs to articulate and record the passionate message he carries for the body of Christ
- for Dave, the man who baptized me, and his wife. they have not found a church home and are under lots of financial stress and need buyers for a second home that must sell. pray they focus God rather than their troubles and God send them people who can draw them back into fellowship
- salvation of three people I talked with on the train last week. pray that God continue to prepare their soil and send His messengers to deliver the seed at the right time:
- Dragonfly, a vietnam vet living on the fringe of society who has a soft heart and desires to help others but is very lost; Paul, who was on the way home from his brother's memorial service and not sure whether his brother is now in a "better place" or not and doesn't know what to believe; Kevin, a wanderer in transition who was not at all comfortable talking about God but after I'd listened to him for a long time was too polite to turn down my offer to pray for him.
Prayer Updates 9/1/10
The Holydes (London)
- Our health - just colds but Chante's b-day is this weekend and we would all like to be well for it
- School start Sept 6th - wisdom and organization for me and good attitudes for the girls
- Wisdom for PT as far as when to start the study in Soho and Sunday morning services
- The girl in Camden Town.
- Wed night bible study, fellowship, and the new people coming.
- That I am able to open a bank account, get a credit card, and phone easily.
- Please pray that I received all my support money for the month. I think I get to find out this week!
The Merrills (London)
- Lauren is here!
- We had a fun time Monday evening celebrating Lauren's arrival and spending time with the new church family. There was tons of Indian food and a mountain of dessert :) Just encouraging fun time!
- God's word is real. We just keep praying that it shapes us and molds us every day.
- "Random" people showing up at our Bible study. Of course they're not random, but it's awesome how God works!
- For us to be bold in our workplace, and that we would recognize opportunities God gives to share with our co-workers.
- For patience, understanding, wisdom, grace, towards people in our lives.
- Decisions and wisdom for our team as the ministry flexes and grows.
- Prayer for a place to hold Sunday Morning Service and God's timing for when He wants to begin
The Ms (Israel)
- Peaceful mind and heart during this travel and plans.
- Quality time with everyone while they are here there and everywhere.
- Prayer for the logistics of the trip
- Prayer for partner development
The Pottengers (Kisumu, Kenya)
- Baby is growing well and mom and she are healthy
- Time to get things done
- Things are going well in Kisumu, Sunday services, Bible study, and Pastor Stephen was able to purchase a motorcycle for his 'tent-making'
- for communication for them as a couple
- for insurance issues
- for the church in Kisumu
- for the Compeans, as gracious hosts, and their ministry.
Mark Piester (Russia)
- Nikolai and Zhanna, former campers at the Rybinsk camps, plan to get married on Friday, September 10 in Rybinsk. Please pray that the Lord will provide Nikolai full-time work. Pray also for Nikolai for his health, he has had problems with his stomach and headaches for several years. Nikolai, will go before the military board in September to verify his health problems and hopefully he will be exempted from military service.
- Sasha & Luba in Urozhainaya held 3 summer camps where over 80 children attended. The most recent camp ended on August 15. Praise the Lord for His faithfulness.
- Pray for the children who attended the summer camps: that they will get plugged into the local church Sunday school.