Corner of Monterey and Beach Street
Morro Bay, CA 93442
Office Phone :: 805.772.8525
Email :: firstname.lastname@example.org
go to complete contact details »
April 2010 - Blogs
Prayer Updates 4/29/10
SENT Prayer 4-28-2010
- We a great time sharing about missions at the youth group in Lund. We even enjoyed public speaking... which is a miracle! Both the kids and the leaders (which are our friends) were very encouraged. We are so encouraged too!
- Thankful for time spent with Frida\'s brother Carl and family in Gothenburg.
- The volcano seems to be calming down :)
- Housing and work details in London for the team... for how to share/split houses etc.
- Time spent with Frida\'s cousins in Danmark
- For us to wait on God\'s direction, and not try to fill in the "gaps" on our own.
- Patience and peace
Landon Rogers (London)
- The time that I got to spend in awe of Him over at the coast. The family He gave me there. The beauty of what He did.
- The fact that my awesome roommates and Mikey were able to help me fit all my earthly possessions in my small car. Yea... I\'m that ghetto.
- His wildly abundant provision! Oh me of little faith.
Lets pray for:
- The people of London to be laid bare before their God. That He would open the skies of their lives and show them their need.
- That God would lay me bare before Him. That He would affirm His unseen heart and perspective for me to enter into the field ready to work in the harvest.
Pottengers (Kisumu, Kenya)
- Unofficial children\'s church so moms could listen to the teaching in Kiswahili
- Health- got something but not bad and KG still getting over it but again not bad
- The teaching by Pastor Stephen
- The time for the women from different parts of the body to get together.
- Sunday has typhoid,
- safe travel for the Compeans and Ruth who will come visit the church and for the P4 as they travel next monday to appt in Narobi...and find out if the 4th is a boy or girl.
- pray for healthy pregnancy for Peg and Maureen
- God\'s wisdom and leading for Pastor Stephen & Matt in regards to CCLakeside
Compeans (Nairobi, Kenya)
- Please pray for my father’s recovery from foot surgery so heart surgery can be scheduled within the next couple weeks. Pray as I prepare to make a quick trip Stateside and spend some time with him.
- Please thank God for a wonderful school year for Jackson and that he can keep in touch with several friends that are leaving the mission field. Please pray for Haley as prepares to end the term at UCSB and head off for Peru with Intervarsity: http://globalurbantrek.intervarsity.org/index.php?id=57
- Please pray as our intern Brent prepares to come out and serve with us for a few months. Pray that he would complete all that needs to be done in the next weeks, arrive safely, be blessed by CIF and we could be used of God to equip this young man.
- Finally, please pray as Calvary International Fellowship begins its School of Ministry this next week. Please pray for faithfulness and a deeper abiding with Jesus for all the students.
The Ms (Israel)
- God growing the new believers & stirring up Miss "F" from the Bible study
- Protection after an fender bender in Bethlehem
- Their appt w/ Ministry of the interior (tues) court date for aliya
- health- energy for them and emotional healing for new believers
- Wisdom & guidance with Ministry
- We had a wonderful time in Spilt, Croatia! We saw the Lord touch the lives of people we met and people the group of Bible college students shared the Lord with. There were six or seven people who received the Lord. Pray for Chabi, a Hungarian, and Bruno, Dora, Yelena, Miroslav, and Ivanka from Split who received the Lord.
- Pray that those that heard the good news of salvation would choose to follow Jesus.
- Pray for Pastor Tim, wisdom in discipleship, and his wife Grace who is expecting a baby any day now.
- After a day back in Hungary, today, 27th, we leave for Ukraine. We are really looking forward to seeing everyone as it has been 2 years since we have been in Ukraine
- Pray for strength and wisdom as we travel. Pray for changed lives at the CC National Conference.
Sweeneys (New York – Camp Hope)
- Praise! Hiring for our summer staff needs is going very well...that is a praise!!! Even Ben Smith from Shoreline is coming to work for the summer...we are very excited about that! We will be blessed and I know he will be blessed.
- We would love if you would pray for additional staff to come on board to meet the various needs here. A woman named Anne, whom we love much, has been a part time staffer here. She has decided to apply for full-time missionary status with CBF, ...and Paul and I would like to grab her for head of housekeeping and part time cook. We also need prayer for wisdom in knowing what to say yes to and what to say no to....to be able to do our main job well. That was an item addressed at the CC Missions Conference in January. We\'re still trying to figure it out! With a shortage of staff; it\'s easy to put on too many hats.
Prayer Updates 4/21/10
SENT Prayer 4-21-2010
- To trust the Lord as they wait for a flight to London
- For the Lord to bless their time together as a family
- For the salvation of the people of London
- Successful day and God\'s provision getting biometrics read
- Completed taxes
- Family as they process their emotions of us leaving. Pray that through this, their relationships with God would be strengthened and that this time will produce incredible faith
- Please keep in prayer our family going away get-together, that it will be a fun time to get to see everyone.
- Please continue to pray for our finances and the housing situation. Both a praise and a prayer request is that we are not quite half way funded per month, which is a HUGE praise that the Lord has provided that money so far, and then pray for the rest of the finances to be as the Lord will have it.
- God\'s will regarding flights
- Getting a new/updated shorelinelondon.co.uk website up!
- Time spent with Frida\'s grandma today
- We are getting more time studying God\'s word as he prepares us for London
- We have an opportunity to speak to a youth group on Friday evening about missions!
- Traveling around Sweden visiting more family, that we would be an encouragement
- To sell our computer
- The team as we\'re split up for a while... to remain in one spirit though we\'re apart, and that the reunion would be great!
The Ms (Israel)
- New believers are growing in their faith
- God\'s grace on Jen with some decisions
- God\'s provision
- Health- JM & Abra
- wisdom with financial & ministry
- the meeting with ministry of the interior
- money for the rest of the legal fees
- for those who have yet to come to Jesus
Pottengers (Kisumu, Kenya)
- for the answered prayers
- the Sunday Services more people checking it out blessing to have the Kiswahili right after the English service
- Peg looked after the children and did activities so the moms could focus on the WORD.
- God can use and unborn child to bring relationship (Peg\'s pregnancy and Kathy\'s mom)
- When doing outreach that GOD would lead them to the people and give them wisdom.
- That the church would not be \'popular\' for newness sake but that the people that GOD wants there would come
- Health- John Mark, Maureen & baby, the P4 (been around sick people), Mama Grace her back needs healing
- Pastor Stephen -training to be a "piki piki" driver
- final adoption process for housemates Karen,Mike and their son Paul so they can return to the States with their son!
CC Smolensk Russia
- Praise the Lord for His loving care for us!
- Please pray for: For the spiritual growth The finances for the church That God provides support for the church ministries and financing of the church building Upcoming outreach in the summer of 2010 Pastor Victor and his family For help those who are in need
- Please pray the hope of the Karen, and all of the oppressed ethnic groups in Burma, will be in Jesus, not in human beings, to save them!
- Still Urgent! The plan of the Burmese government is still to terminate the Karen living in the Karen State in Burma before their 2010 election.
- Please pray for two new boys at the Family Home. We have now welcomed Saw Hser Wah/Bob and Aung Myo to our family. They both have HIV and other health problems, so cannot start the HIV medication treatment yet. Please pray for them to become well and strong enough so they can start their treatment. Bob is skin & bones and suffers from diarrhea and vomiting. Aung Myo has lung problems. They both hope to be able to start going to school the end of May. We were able to take them to the river to swim this time!
- Please pray for my time in the USA from May through July. There is much work to be done to organize American churches to meet the Karen refugees in their cities. If you know of any churches that would be willing to open their churches for an evening to meet the Karen in their cities please let me know. Thank you!
- Beh Beh had a wonderful trip to Thailand and is safely back home in Australia now! She visited many friends and researched the many needs that her people have. Please pray she will be able to raise support for all that is on her heart for her people. Thank you!
- Resurrection Day Sunrise Service celebrated at Pa La U Discipleship Center - it\'s summer break so the students are not at the center now, but the staff celebrated at sunrise by candlelight. We also had a blessed week beforehand of reading Scriptures of Jesus\' last week on this earth and spending time in prayer and thankfulness for His death and resurrection for us!
- Pa La U Discipleship Center Summer Youth Camp! All of the churches from the surrounding villages (some from as far a 4 hours away) joined in and helped - they had over 100 children this year!
- The Pa La U villagers have finished building their new church Naw Ai\'s grandmother said they would come to church when the new building was finished, since it is close to their home - and they are - all on their own! Grandmother is not a Christian yet, so please pray for her salvation. We don\'t know about Naw Ai, since she can\'t talk, but she always squeals with delight when she goes to church - the Lord knows her heart!
- I\'m so thankful for friends who come to help!
- Htoo Wah was ordained on April 18th at a church in Bangkok (the same one that ordained Htoo Gay), along with twelve others, nine of which are Karen
Compeans (Nairobi, Kenya)
- Please pray for the Community Group home Bible studies Calvary International Fellowship has going in Githurai 44, 45 and Kimbo. Please pray for Pastors Murigi and Daniel as they teach them. Please pray for John as he hopes to find a new place to live so he can host a new Community Group focused on ministry to youth.
- Please pray as the CIF Usher and Greeter team goes through some transitions and for more Sunday School teachers for the children.
- Please thank God for the rain and reports of healthy crops across Kenya.
Mark Piester (Russia)
- Pray for flight home
- Pray for extended time n Russia that the Lord would use it for His glory
- We made it to Hungary before the plum of smoke shut down the flights through London.
- Friday when we were on the train and still in Hungary the the way to Croatia, Marta and I shared with a man named Chubi. A young Hungarian woman from the Bible college named Lilla translated as we shared from the scripture and then Lilla explained more in Hungarian. Later Chubi prayed with us and wanted to have a personal relationship with the Lord! We have been sharing with people here in Split and will be here until the 24th. People are open but not quick to commit to the Lord. Please pray for us as we hope more people will trust in the Lord and start attending the services here in Spilt, Croatia. Also pray as other Bible college students are in many countries around Hungary for the ten day outreach. Some of the students we are with are praying about being missionaries.
- After this trip we need to schedule our trip to Ukraine for the national conference there and to visit the believers in Poltava.
Prayer Updates 4/7/10
The Ms (Israel)
- Thankful for the prayers and answers to them
- Young student from Japan (Shohei) who became a believer
- Success of the 3 Passover Seders
- Their health- have cold/flu symptoms
- wisdom on which car to get
- emotional healing of the new believers
- Bethlehem study-guidence & direction
- Court hearing for Abra's citizenship
- increase in their support especially with the extra financial burdens (Supporting Jen, new car, legal fees...less support has been coming in )
- Prayer for Jen, her pregnancy, and delivery
The Merrill’s (London)
- We have had a great week in Turlock and we've seen tons of people.
- Packing and moving are DONE!
- We will soon be with Frida’s family and will get to catch up a bit on both work and rest
- For safety as we fly to Copenhagen via London tomorrow: safety, people we may meet, luggage, paperwork, attitude, etc :)
- For Luke's cousins who we are going to stay with in Copenhagen. For their salvation.
- Our time in Sweden to be fruitful
- Praise for my mom & Jeff - for their help and support
- Prayer & Praise - for Gods endless strength in a very busy season
- To press on, move forward & have an attitude that is pleasing to Jesus. To be continually submitted to Jesus to be the servant He is molding me to be. My obedience to Him.
- Updates - Visa application is sent in, flight is booked for May 12
- Prayer for committed monthly supporters, I grapple with having peace not being able to do paid work in the UK. Continued prayer for packing, a place to live, transitioning, logistics.
- the salvation of the people in England.
Landon Rogers (London)
- A healthy, fat, and awesome little nephew! My sister is doing great and was able to deliver the 10.3lb baby naturally with minimal damage to her! Praises to Jesus.
- A completed visa application and the funds to pay for it!
- Really good time with family over Easter. I got to connect with both my parents individually and it was good for the heart to be able to be there for their transition into grandparenthood. It was a really special family time.
- For the Lord's logistical and financial provision. My visa still has to get approved and I find out where my finances are aton Thursday (after sending out a grip of support letters to friends and family). I am wanting to simply trust God to provide knowing that He could still do the whole parting of the red sea and manna thing if He wants.
- My nephew, Christian, still has some holes in his heart that need to close. It is common for them to repair themselves naturally but i'd love to pray for the healing of His heart... not only that but the also the setting apart of the heart of who he is unto Jesus alone.
- The realization of those living in London to their need for God. A breaking of pride to realize slavery for what it is.
The Pottenger’s (Kisumu, Kenya)
- The compound that they were able to have the CCLakeside service in
- Praising God in Kiswahili & English
- The people that came, and the people that the LORD will bring
- a chance to get to know each other better
- For the people that will come and that are coming
- for Pastor Stephen, his prep time and delivering the Word
- for people the LORD wants there to have no difficulty finding it.
Meagan Webster (Mexico)
- Please be in prayer as yesterday (Easter Sunday), there was a 6.9 earthquake in Baja California. This Earthquake was felt all the way to Arizona and LA and of course Tijuana. As Meagan is currently traveling to Tijuana by plane (unless her plans have changed), I would like to make sure we are praying for her as well as of course the church in Pedregadles.
- Pray for the upcoming summer camps.
- Pray for the recipients of the Food Relief Project taking place this month. Pray that hearts and lives would be changed though this ministry to the elderly, disabled and also to the needy in church.
- A heartfelt thank you for your ongoing support and prayers which give me the opportunity to serve God and the Russian people. Praise to the Lord for his ongoing work of changing and redeeming lives of children, young adults and people for eternity - God is at work through your prayers and financial support.
- Pray for Vova Agafonov and Sergey Kuznetsov, for their sports ministry in Sobinka.
- Pray for Aleksey and Daniel Gladkov as they search for a Christian coach for their newly established hockey team. Pray for lives to be changed through these two young men.
The Garwood’s (Thailand)
- For a healthy pregnancy and birth
- For Spiritual and Physical protection over E. Burma
- For Provision for God’s Work in Thailand & Burma
- For the Lord to give wisdom and strength continually to the brethren
- More of Him less of us always
- seeing God faithfully provide what is needed day by day
- students excitement for what they received @ training
- opportunity to witness birth of twin goats & hatching of chicks
- I feel very depleted by the Costa Rica training. pls. pray for refreshing.
- God's guidance in family matters
- for the outreach teams from Costa Rica YWAM preparing to go to Mexico, Nicaragua,other parts of central America, Haiti, & Kenya next week to be used mightily by the Lord during their two months in the field
- for provision for Heredia base & refreshment of leaders
- for students studies at Egypt bible school & God prepare my heart & teaching for them next month